ID:260593

fcopy_rsc(File, ResourceFile = world.rscfile, FileName)
fdel_rsc(File, ResourceFile = world.rscfile)
flist_rsc(File, ResourceFile = world.rscfile)
fexists_rsc(File, ResourceFile = world.rscfile)
file_rsc(File, ResourceFile = world.rscfile)

The suggestion basically entails modification/addition of the above procedures. The ability to manage your own resource files would be handy in cases where you need to store things like dynamic icons, but want full control over how it is stored as opposed to just chunking it in the dynamic resource file.

world.rscfile would be a reference to the dynamic resource file and would be the default to copy resources to.

I came up with this because I have a minimap system and currently am using savefiles in an attempt to cache the results of said system. However the icons are dynamically generated from scratch and it would be much better if I could store them in a minimap.rsc file where I can grab them later from. Plus, since the icons don't have names by themselves, the FileName argument would allow me to set a filename.
Nevermind other people, didn't you already make a topic or two about this? >_>
In response to Kaioken
Kaioken wrote:
Nevermind other people, didn't you already make a topic or two about this? >_>

That was before the whole "resource extractor got leaked oh my god everything is going to hell byond needs to go in lockdown ahh the sky is falling" incident. I'm hoping that since there's already one out there that can be easily obtained that the concerns for resource files being extracted isn't as severe anymore.
In response to Android Data
Also, with the ability to change it, you can make it less hackable, since you can change it yourself, and well, then it wont extract it properly, which is nice.