ID:267283

well, in my game, there is a multiplayer mode and a single player mode. i was suing swap maps for single player but now i have a problem, multiplayer and single both cause a LOT of lag. i was thinking of maybe starting up a separate world for single palyer and sending them there and then sending them back when they are done, can this be accomplished?
Just switch Z levels. Instead of seperately loading other maps. Have it load 1 map and use Z levels.
In response to Zlegend2
I there are several people all running in single player though, that would require several Z levels, more than likely a proc that creates a new Z level for every player to roam about on their own.
In response to Krosse
i want a separate world because the two things together cause lag
In response to Magnus VI
Magnus VI wrote:
i want a separate world because the two things together cause lag

Starting up a new world on your own system would be counter-productive. However it should be possible to start one elsewhere, and once it's ready to send over the player's information. The player won't automatically transfer however.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I remember reading something about players switching between worlds. If you could send over the data, couldn't you just use it to run a proc that automatically built a character? Or at least have a few vacant mobs that get their variables filled in with the incoming data?

Or can you only send client info over?
In response to Krosse
so in otherwords.its almost not possible?