ID:2766962

As title. The problem has persisted for a week or so at this point. I was able to one day, and then the issue popped up the next (don't believe anything on my end changed overnight?)

The issue isn't local, as changing my connection to a phone hotspot seems to bypass it (though being a hotspot in the middle of nowhere it's not actually a playable solution.) This leads me to believe the issue is most likely located within either my router (which seems unlikely as nothing appears to have changed on that end and I went through all the settings,) my ISP, or BYOND servers itself- mostly just looking for anyone who might have experience with a similar issue.

The following has already been tried:
Fresh installs of BYOND, including deliberate downgrades
Cache clearing
Restarting of computer, router, modem etc
Investigation into firewalls of all of the above (though if there's a more specific spot I should check, I am open to suggestions)
Switching connections (which DOES bypass the issue, but is not viable atm)
Pretty much any other "easy" fix, though feel free to suggest anyways in case there's one I overlooked

In my investigation I decided to try command line pinging.

ping hub.byond.com successfully finds the IP, but all 4 pings time out.
ping byond.com successfully pings without fail.
ping hub.byond.com while on phone hotspot (and most likely would be true of some other forms)successfully pings without fail.

Being unable to actually connect to the hub is preventing me entirely from logging in (gets stuck on Validating Account) or connecting me to games which renders BYOND functionally unusable.

Just looking for any advice as to what could be causing this issue, at this point I don't know what else to try. I played fine for several days in a row, and then simply attempted to play the next day only to be met with this issue out of nowhere. Can't think of anything that would have changed overnight.

Shouldn't be relevant as the issue is in connecting to the BYOND hub, but I play SS13 (frequently) and have in the past played Eternia 3, both fine on the same connection. Thanks in advance for any help!
Almost forgot: Running Windows 10, in case it matters. Let me know if any other info is needed.
Update: after a few more days of suffering it inexplicably fixed itself. Why is my life plagued by obscure tech problems that I am powerless to fix.
In response to Dopamiin
how do I understand you, I also have a byond error and I still have not fixed it, although many people had it