ID:2920717

Well, that didn't go as planned. The weather was somewhat cooperative on Monday right up until the partial eclipse phase started, and then the clouds moved in thick. I didn't get to see totality at all. I did however get to experience the sudden darkness, which was very strange.

But other than missing out on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, it's been a pretty decent week. 515 saw several more bug fixes which went out in a new maintenance release yesterday. Among those, one was for a major problem in the map editor where small changes or even scrolling was causing the world preview to refresh. That's not only been fixed, but for big maps now the world preview will stagger its updates instead of locking the UI till it's done.

In 516, alpha testing feedback said it would be good to make Ctrl+F available in the browser again (apparently it worked in IE), and also the testers really wanted developer tools for the browser. This turned out to be very doable, so I implemented a new feature that will live on into the full release. I've also been working on other feature foo while more alpha testing is underway, which involved burning some midnight oil last night.

Of course none of this would be possible without all the BYOND Members and other regular supporters whose contributions keep all this going. Thank you so much for letting me do this.

Next week: 100% fewer solar eclipses! Tax deadlines! Pretzel breakfast pizza! But no proper zoo weather yet.
But no proper zoo weather yet.
or compile2exe.