Need a baseline source to build off of to create your own game? Try this one! [More]
To download this demo for your Linux/Mac installation, enter this on your command line:
DreamDownload byond://Spunky_Girl.sp_foundation##version=4Emulator users, in the BYOND pager go to File | Open Location and enter this URL:
I created this foundation as a baseline for most RPG-style games, and thus contains many of the basic systems that belong to the genre.
- Added an anti-multikey system
- Added documentation to 9 out of the 14 systems
- Changed the npc_respawn proc to "del" the NPC and then "new" an NPC of the same type instead of moving it to a null location and then relocating it. This method requires no need for resetting variables.
- Added an owner ban fail-safe feature that will still allow owners to connect even though they are banned (however, a HOST ban will still supersede this)
- Added a new system: Skill system
- Added a check so multiple chat prompts cannot be opened at a time
- Movement will now trigger auto-return from AFK
- redo_lays proc now includes equipment overlays (forgot it in initial release)
Version 1.00 features
- Admin system
- Chat system
- Friend list & Ignore list system
- Guild (aka Clan) system
- AFK/Auto-AFK system
- Item stacking & Item equipping system
- Basic movement delay system
- NPC respawning system
- Dynamic quest system (no "experience" rewards, however, unless quest is hardcoded)
- Party (aka Grouping) system
- Saving system
Please support BYOND through Membership or a donation!
Spunky_Girl: (Dec 31 2017, 8:18 am)
I have actually never done such a thing before, so I have no idea how to release something with any kind of license. I'd love to do that, though, if you can direct me to a how-to.
HiddenKnowledge: (Sep 22 2017, 9:42 am)
Any chance you might want to release your code under an open-source license? If you don't know which one check out: https://www.quora.com/ Under-what-license-should-I-release-my-source-code
An open-source license will help people to legally use your Foundation project to make their game.
Lunaofthemoon: (Apr 20 2015, 8:22 am)
Can you code me an example quest so I can get an idea of how it works? I'm a terrible self-taught coder lol.
Spunky_Girl: (Jan 29 2012, 1:15 pm)
The assigned slots items have is just a variable; the slot variable all /item/equip type objects have.
DGS Keelan: (Dec 4 2011, 7:07 am)
Its not that its confusing, but I just dont know how to allow for equipping and into the stated slots =$.
Would you mind giving me an example of how you would code a weapon or clothing into your foundation please.
Copyright © 2023 BYOND Software. All rights reserved.