Wargames

by Acebloke
Wargames
[AMT] Join the war or build a city
ID:59678

Consider supporting Wargames by getting Part of the Wargames Complete Pack for extra features.

Wargames is now part of the "AceMedalTable" ! You can take part after gaining medals in this game by this link and following the instructions:

http://www.byond.com/games/Acebloke/AceMedalTable

20th September 2015

The tenth anniversary edition is now out as the main download! The 2.0 has a more polished outlook but removes some functionality for the time being.

The old download is available here for those that wish to continue playing the old version:

http://files.byondhome.com/Acebloke/Wargamesold.zip
When can we expect that interface change Ace?
Tetsuya wrote:

Insha'allah it should be done by the end of February at latest, although I'm hoping for a lot sooner than that :p I know its been awhile since the last update, so I'm trying to make it extra special.
Acebloke wrote:
Tetsuya wrote:

Insha'allah it should be done by the end of February at latest, although I'm hoping for a lot sooner than that :p I know its been awhile since the last update, so I'm trying to make it extra special.
I'm in no rush, I enjoy the game as is, but more would be awesome. Just was wondering is all.
I suggest a way to leave a message to another country if there offline. Could come in handy and make alliances and such. Like maybe show it when you log back in.

Working on a better system, outside of the HUD for attacking for the next version, it'll be filterable too for easier results.

Assuming nobody hosts a new server in the next day or two, I might upload it after its done.
I was wondering if you knew about the PUN glitch Ace. I just started a country and got massacred while still on pun and couldn't do anything about it.
Yeah I did notice it because it happened to myself, I'm working on that, should be fixed by next update (partly down to the new attack list system).

Should be due out this weekend.
I've also noticed that a lot of people are having trouble opening the ministries because they didn't know that they had to cancel their previous actions before they would actually open. I think it would be helpful if you added a "please cancel previous actions" like what shows up when you try to demolish/terraform/attack or make it so that it doesn't require the player to cancel.

Also, would there be any way to stop the slowdown in the turns. I've noticed that the game starts out with the normal time per turn but as the game progressives it adds time onto each turn (due to the calculations I'm guessing?). I just counted how long it took (not accurately, but just estimating) a game set at 5 seconds a turn to operate after 36 countries joined and is on turn 4000 and it actually took 9 seconds to go to the next turn. I'm not sure if you can do anything about this but it slows down the game pace a lot as a game progresses.

Not trying to be picky.. and I'm not sure if you already know but I'm just making some observations. It doesn't subtract from the game at all for me though.
"I've also noticed that a lot of people are having trouble opening the ministries because they didn't know that they had to cancel their previous actions before they would actually open."

Old attack system bug, normally it does mention to press cancel, but it didn't if they had land to place from winning combat, I managed to fix this a few days ago while implementing the new system so that one is ticked off.

"Also, would there be any way to stop the slowdown in the turns."

I work on cutting the grind every version and the one I'm working on is no different, and its slowly getting there. It is simply due to such a large game trying to run so many calculations all the time; It also was never designed to play on 0.1 to 5 second turns like many people host, it should take a lot more countries and a lot more time to slow down in more traditional and intended times like 15, 30 and 60 second turns.
Yeah, well that makes sense. I figured it was due to the calculations. The turns on my server kept gradually slowing down until around turn 5750 they just froze. I'm not sure if it was my computer that caused it or what though.
I will be hosting week long rounds. At the end of the round when the winner is announced they will be given a free subscription to Wargames.
Acebloke, you should add a moonstar flag. (like Turkey's flag.)
Might be able to fit that in with today's patch :)
Ace, I started the current round Feb 6th. Was supposed to last til the 13th seeing how I had it set for exactly 7 days. 60480 turns @ 10 seconds a turn. Its now the 17th and looks like it still has about 4 days. LoL you know what causes the issue with the turns? Also is the battle fix gonna be in a version before this round ends? Cause right after I'm starting another server like we talked about.
There'll definately be a fix this weekend, on top of what I was doing earlier in the week, my laptop totally flunked out. I'm expecting (and hoping) for a new one today. By chance, I just happened to copy over my recent Wargames files to a pendrive so I won't have to find any magical ways of getting into my old laptop HDD.

Regarding turn times... its just built up lag sadly, the quicker the turns are the more it builds up, I'm sure your server runs much faster than any that run on 1 second turns. I do have an announcement to make regarding Wargames when the patch is released.
Tetsuya wrote:
I will be hosting week long rounds. At the end of the round when the winner is announced they will be given a free subscription to Wargames.

The long week rounds are off. lol
Apologies to everyone for not updating recently. As mentioned elsewhere, I am designing Wargames from scratch so I can make various improvements. I had hoped to get a demo out last weekend but that obviously hasn't happened.

I won't set a date but I do hope it will be asap.
I will be hosting a server all day today , and all day the next week for you guys to play on.
I have a 24/7 server going have fun.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5