BYOND Hosting / Shell Server

by Xirre
A shell server (hosting service) for all of BYOND to use!
ID:2105814

TLDR; The servers are moving over to TinyShell by TinyCosmo thanks to Hikato.

The updates around here have been quiet lately. There have been an occasional bug fix and maintenance of the service and customer support. One of the plans for this service was to allow a select few users host their own servers and offer server plans. In short, they could run their own server the way it runs now and profit from it.

To explain why this never happened, I'd first have to tell you about what caused it to not happen. There were two individuals who I felt were trustworthy; Ripper man5 and SnipeDragon were the two. It was going swell for about a month. Then life hit. The two of them, at separate times, vanished. There wasn't much of a word or anything either. It wasn't a big deal. But, it did put a hindrance on the plans for this project. I didn't ask them to be committed to it either, so they had every right to leave whenever they wanted. It was more of a voluntary thing.

I still talked to Ripper man5 after his disappearance. But I never bothered to ask about the server. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a hold of SnipeDragon. Until he recently popped up in one of the servers. We chatted for a bit The chat between SnipeDragon and I was more of a discussion of how things were going in life, the usual "It's been a long time since I've seen you!" conversation. He said he wanted to help out with the server and I was completely fine with it. I wasn't doing anything special with it anyways. That led to the introduction of Hikato.

Hikato's goal is to recreate Shell Server in to something more user-friendly, professional (because this was not developed to be professional in the slightest. It was just a "hey, we made this, use it, don't complain" project), scalable, and faster. That means a better UI, a better and newer brand, the ability to have multiple servers but only one console, and servers with better specifications. The first part of this project is to move to a new hub. Credits are being transferred over and the hub will be worked on to provide an easier source of quick and clear information.

So, go ahead and head over to TinyShell, the new hub. The name is not finalized, but it is under the username "TinyCosmo" now. Don't forget mark it as a favorite to gain easy access to the page again!