ID:157935

Hey. So I saw a new way to use Amatarasu (Black Flame Jutsu) and it looked just like it did in the show. That it spread out and hit people. Is it possible to make it to where if you click somewhere with your mouse then you "summon", for lack of a better word, black flames? And if it hit a mob to deal damage? Go to: http://www.byond.com/games/FaceOffProductions/ NarutoNextGeneration# and click screen shots to see the black flame part.

Thanks. :D. I'm just looking for a push in the right direction. I'd appreciate any help though ::D
BUMP!!
In response to Garthor
I dont want it to be a projectile. I was wondering if you could make it to where if you click on a turf, AMA icon would show up and if it hit someone, the would take damage?
In response to Spartan3OH3
In response to Moonlight Memento
Moonlight Memento wrote:
Welcome, novice programmer!
Think you're funny don't you?
Not really. Comedy isn't really my thing, although a few people have told me I'm funny from time-to-time.
It will be said simply, program it yourself. All people will do is direct you in the right or "wrong" direction. No one is going to sit down and tell you how to program it. Cause believe me the people that do, are working on something harder or better.
In response to Lundex
Lundex wrote:
It will be said simply, program it yourself. All people will do is direct you in the right or "wrong" direction. No one is going to sit down and tell you how to program it. Cause believe me the people that do, are working on something harder or better.
The forum is here to ask for help... For people have some experience could receive help on something... That's what the forums here for. Not for smart ellics to post "Welcome novice programmer". But whatever. Some people really are just jerks o.o
You didn't click my link, did you? It was a link to the guides. Nevertheless, when you can't describe at all what you want, we can't particularly help you as well as if you did.

"I want black flame jutsu like in naruto rip #18898 here's a screenshot" is not descriptive.

Something like "There's this verb in Naruto Rip #18898 that creates an obj infront of the player that goes forward, if the obj is stepped on, the mob who steps on it takes damage" works .
Check some of the other post on this forum and I bet if someone asked a question like ours they would get the same reaction, they might get lucky if a good programmer gives them more then just the guide and the reference. Read the guide, thats where most if not all of us started, and thats where you'll start or give up at.
Spartan I understand what you mean, I felt you're pain when I first started programming too lol.

So you want a black icon to show up when you click on a turf, you just do this..

client
Click(turf/T)
if(istype(T))
if(!T.density)
if(usr.amartsuon) // change this to the variable that makes the clicking active
for(var/mob/M in T)
var/damage = 10
world << "[M] got hit by amaratsu for [damage] damage!"
M.health -= damage
var/obj/amaratsu/K = new /obj/amaratsu
K.loc = T
spawn(50) // set this to the time before it disapeers
del(K)

obj
amaratsu
density = 0
icon = 'amaratsu.dmi'

mob/var/tmp
amartsuon = 1
In response to Agrey123
Since src will always be correct forever, it's a tad better to stick to it in client/Click(). Also, use the && operator to quickly and efficiently handle multiple conditions.
Also, you should try to avoid extra objects for visual-only effects, as extra atoms take... extra resources, and more importantly could be interactable. It seems the effect could do fine with an overlay on the turf.

Also, an alternative, cleaner way to handle it instead of setting a flag and processing in client/Click() is to intercept the click directly from wherever the skill is activated, using hub://Garthor.GetClick.
I also feel your pain Spartan, and I think you're asking "How did this guy do this?"

Honestly looking at it, and considering it looks like damage is being dealt, the only thing I can think of is that its a proc running on certain turfs that are clicked or within a certain area depending on the spread of image objects that make up the black flames.

Sounds complex? Well this way is easier but WAY more strain on the game. Create one black flame obj, then in the new proc call it to make even more with efficient use of prob(). And make all the mobs within the obj's loc take damage or spread the flame..? Just looking at it, thats all I can guess..but both of those are extremely complex and I doubt server efficient. I've been on that game and its laggy as hell. I do not recommend trying to create that image, despite the fact its very visually appealing. BYOND just is not made to handle 10000 objs in one spot, all running loops in them with a sleep of 1 minimum.
In response to DemonicK
I have no idea what's being talked about but the first thing you described was absolutely wrong and the second thing you described would have been the proper way of doing things, assuming you cut out the exaggerations and "optimizations".
In response to Agrey123
Agrey123 wrote:
Spartan I understand what you mean, I felt you're pain when I first started programming too lol.

So you want a black icon to show up when you click on a turf, you just do this..

client
> Click(turf/T)
> if(istype(T))
> if(!T.density)
> if(usr.amartsuon) // change this to the variable that makes the clicking active
> for(var/mob/M in T)
> var/damage = 10
> world << "[M] got hit by amaratsu for [damage] damage!"
> M.health -= damage
> var/obj/amaratsu/K = new /obj/amaratsu
> K.loc = T
> spawn(50) // set this to the time before it disapeers
> del(K)
>
> obj
> amaratsu
> density = 0
> icon = 'amaratsu.dmi'
>
>
>
> mob/var/tmp
> amartsuon = 1

Thank you. Much appreciated :D. Ill go from here and give you credits.
No, that's typically just what people link to when people ask something stupid, and then expect others to make it for them.
In response to Jeff8500
Jeff8500 wrote:
No, that's typically just what people link to when people ask something stupid, and then expect others to make it for them.
No. not really. I was asking for help. I never asked anyone to write it for me. So yea. Get over yourself.
I didn't even read your post. I just said why people usually link to the guide like that.