ID:158876

So Say im Using 2 map files. If is there an option to locate the usr from 1 map to the other?
In response to GhostAnime
Also note that it's considerably easier to just use objs with tags to locate ANYTHING in your game, rather than relying on coordinates.

I suggest using objs so that you can give them an icon and make them invisible, so you can see where they are on the map. Technically, you could just edit turfs to have a tag, but there would be no visual indication of it.
In response to Garthor
I personally like using area's, but thats probably just me.
In response to VolksBlade
That's a waste of areas, as you can only place one per tile.
In response to VolksBlade
That won't work as well because an area doesn't indicate a single map position (turf), and the same area you're flagging can span through multiple (or all) the z-levels. So you'd better use a turf or some other method.
In response to Jeff8500
(No it isn't, as you wouldn't be [re]placing any area on the map, just editing an existing one)
In response to Kaioken
I suppose if you conveniently enough have an area containing a single turf right where you wanted, then it wouldn't be wasting an area. But that's not particularly likely.
In response to Garthor
Mainly what the OP wanted here is to be able to differentiate between different map files (== z levels), not to find a certain spot/turf on the map. Of course, I recommended that he uses turfs instead of areas as they're more suited anyway.
In response to Kaioken
Areas aren't necessarily on a single z-level anyway. And besides, I'd be willing to bet money that he wants the z-level so he can locate(x,y,z), so I suggest cutting out the middle-man and just using locate(tag) to find what you want directly.
In response to Garthor
Okay. Thanks for contributing <s>new</s> concepts to the thread. =)