ID:876008

Keywords: liens, payment, scam
I just learnt this today so excuse my rushed behavior, But a Game owner by the name of "liens" on byond is a scam artist.

Two years ago he had me (And several other iconners) work under him, when he wasn't satisfied by our work (we put atleast a month of effort into all of our stock and idea's) He code banned us.

However he promissed us all some form of payment, so none of us were paid. And he kept the icons despite this. He is now Profiting off his game claiming it helps "host" When i am willing to bet the donations go into his bank account.

He is tricking new pixel artists now to come in, work for him under promiss's of payment and then code banning them, eventually making up/ Performing a reason "Why" they were banned.

I say perform because After hes code banned you, he will later on change his key, and put out an entire act to make it look like you were code banned for something else.

For me people were saying i was code banned off of his game for "Resource Extracting" Even though it makes no sense since i was code banned 1 year Prior to the incidents and "icons" i apparently stole.

So once again this is a warning to any and all Pixel artists, KEEP AWAY from any game hosted, or owned by "Liens"

He will not pay you.
What game?
In response to ImmeasurableHate
ImmeasurableHate wrote:
What game?

-> "Liens"
-> Dragon Ball Generations
That's why you don't start drawing for people without being paid first. The few times I did artwork for people, I got paid half up front and the rest after I finished.
ET is definitely right, BYOND is not a place to take things for granted, especially when it involves money.
I ask for samples up-front and pay by piece when hiring pixel artist.
Actually Coldreaper I worked for Liens' non byond based game which uses similar icon formats and whatnot, and being a DBG player, I made icons, he enjoyed the majority that I did and when I accumulated fifteen I got paid. If you got code banned than you were likely acting ignorant, or he commented on how [poor] your icons were and you got upset... that's moreover your fault, and anything you make without a written contract to prove you did this for this price = null and void. Be sure to get proof or your argument is invalid....that or get better at iconing. :3

Also on that note, spreading rumors behind someones back is a [bad] move, but just so we know, post a preview of what you sent him, I'm curious as to if you do fail as a pixel artist or not xD...
Zeek what you just wrote was completely ignorant. You can't say it's Coldreaper's fault just because the guy didn't scam you, you also can't comment on the quality of his art when you haven't seen any of it. In addition a verbal contract is also legally binding not just a written contract so yeah, invalid point and if Coldreaper obtained nothing in exchange for his work then he retains the right to deny Liens the privilege of using his work, therefore if Coldreaper was not paid and he says Liens can't use the icons then Liens can't use them. I have studied law so don't try and argue this with me.
In response to Zeek Yamato
Zeek Yamato wrote:
Actually Coldreaper I worked for Liens' non byond based game which uses similar icon formats and whatnot, and being a DBG player, I made icons, he enjoyed the majority that I did and when I accumulated fifteen I got paid. If you got code banned than you were likely acting ignorant, or he commented on how [poor] your icons were and you got upset... that's moreover your fault, and anything you make without a written contract to prove you did this for this price = null and void. Be sure to get proof or your argument is invalid....that or get better at iconing. :3

Also on that note, spreading rumors behind someones back is a [bad] move, but just so we know, post a preview of what you sent him, I'm curious as to if you do fail as a pixel artist or not xD...

Harsh but true, and it may be the case hence why he has posted his little story here.

People only post this type of crap when they are in the wrong or upset about something.
In response to Zeek Yamato
Lol, I love the moderator edits. [poor] [bad]

I would like to see samples of your work aswell, if they're so much better than everyone elses that you got paid by the alleged scamer.
All I know is, I also icon for Liens, severalt hings had been added of mine, doors, beds, tiles, character modification icons, etc and I was always compensated properly when the work was satisfactory to what Liens wanted. And as mentioned above, at about 15 or so icons, Id get the payment asked.

Another thing is, don't forget 'someone' tried ripping the icons and claiming them as their own, and several of the iconners just didn't want to do the work assigned to them properly. Wether you were one of these guys or not, just saying you might of been lumped in there too..

But I too am curious as to the icons you gave so we can have an idea..
Actually Fisher, watch some judge judy, Verbal contracts arnt binding in any way and 9/10 get thrown out with the occasional ones that have backing ups. Also Coldreaper is known to have stolen and claimed icons from DBG by ripping them from the resources, I wouldn't defend him...Liens had good reason to code ban this guy, he even said it himself that Liens found the icons to be unsatisfactory, Liens did that with mine also until they were perfect and when I was done instead of insulting and demanding pay, I got paid when I completed my work satisfactory...

Thats how the real world works no?...You do a job to a certain level or you get fired....tell me I'm wrong.
Technically, They cant fire you for unsatisfactory work unless the contract specifies a quality that work must be completed to. Verbal contracts are always binding my friend, you just need to prove there was one, don't believe everything you see on TV. I know nothing about this guy and I believe that everyone deserves a fair chance to say their piece, you are claiming what he says is false without proof and he has no real proof, everything here is merely conjecture. I am just trying to keep all the opinions made about law correct.
Verbal contracts are only binding with sufficient proof to backup the claims either by a verbal confirmation from a seconday party, or the opposing party involved. Not all verbal agreements are binding because a person COULD just SAY they had an agreement, and the otherside could deny it, meaning both sides are making unproven claims.

Just saying..Verbal Agreements are NOT always binding unless proven to of occurred.

See now you're contradicting yourself, if a verbal contract is always binding it wouldn't need proof, and without proof than how the [Blarg] do you think it'd pass in court?...Oh right it doesn't... Verbal contracts are 9/10 thrown out unless proof is given, proof in written form are ideal unless you can't prove who it came from and than it's just the equivalent to possible forgery. Anyways back to my point, in job applications nothing is stated to have a level of satisfactory work, you're told what you need, you do it, you get paid assuming it was to par, now say you work at mc'donalds just for instance...You listen to music, shurk your duties, and overall disrespect customers...You're still standing there, doing your job by pressing buttons and greeting people, but since you didn't follow the standard the business expects, you get fired...makes sense no?

The only reason Liens Code bans people is if they act in a disrespectful manor, as such....My argument is done, and you should go back to law school mr. I studies lawlzors...
In response to GreatFisher
Umm Zeek Are you just picking out parts of what I say and trying to form an argument from that. I said unless a standard was specified in your contract, not in the application, somewhere in job contract that you sign it will say something about meeting certain standards of work or meeting objective standards of supervising staff, they have to state this otherwise firing you for unsatisfactory work would be unfair dismissal.

I myself also did a few icons for Liens myself,
such as the kid icons, which apparently have been ripped by several people. But, besides that; It aint so bad to icon for Liens. Never has he threatened to ban me from the game just because he wasnt satisfied with my work. Instead he'd ask if I could fix this and that, you know how it goes. Honestly, I have never seen anyone being codebanned over (poorly drawn) icons. Oh, and speaking of payments: I dont know how that goes, seeing as I dont want to be paid. I do it for the fun of it. It's satisfying enough to see your own icons being put in the game.
So if a verbal contract is binding, but there's no proof....if a tree fell in a forest, does it make a sound?...Nuff said...Your argument is invalid and disproved, g'day.

I know it's hard to ignore an argument, but we all know Liens isn't a scammer...so don't take his side mr. law
This topic has gone back and forth quite enough. Locked.