Love

by Bloodocean7
A Short Story Of Love.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
The two males are just made with my old F_People icon generating program, which I guess isnt listed anymore. The female is edited from an old pixel piece of mine. (She's the one in the bottom center ;) You're welcome to them.

EDIT: I guess that should be 'the male and the monster'...

Can you add a walking system to your F_People
:) I don't see this as a game, more like a story, that you play out, which i quite like to be honest ^^

Here's a mock up of some of the Really bad icons i made for you. (as you haven't animated anything .. nor have i lol.

Here it is.
I actually have an interesting idea for this, if BloodOcean is interested.
@Teka123 The artwork is beautiful I am adding it in now! and that is exactly right :) I wanted it more like a interactive story rather than a game :)

@Jittai Message me the idea :) I am interested :)
UPDATE: I added some of Teka's artwork to the game :) let me know what you think! (Of course not all of it is added yet and I am still working on the story and gameplay, but it's a start :) )
Blood define the trees boundary boxes because it has that feel of a square brick force shielding the tree :o.
In response to Teka123
Teka123 wrote:
:) I don't see this as a game, more like a story, that you play out, which i quite like to be honest ^^

Here's a mock up of some of the Really bad icons i made for you. (as you haven't animated anything .. nor have i lol.

Here it is.

Teka your a amazing person just like your a amazing pixel artist by amazing i mean amazing not anyone can do a perfect Dr.Penguin icon not everyone can donate a total of 8,000 dollars to byond while helping byond non member. I don't know why you call your icons bad but they are flawless.
In response to Dr.Penguin
Dr.Penguin wrote:
Teka123 wrote:

Here it is.

Teka your a amazing person just like your a amazing pixel artist by amazing i mean amazing not anyone can do a perfect Dr.Penguin icon not everyone can donate a total of 8,000 dollars to byond while helping byond non member. I don't know why you call your icons bad but they are flawless.

Dem Trees Teka Makes :3

In response to Mikey Reborn
Mikey Reborn wrote:
Dr.Penguin wrote:
Teka123 wrote:

Here it is.

Dem Trees Teka Makes :3

I personally like the water and the fire also the trees
Teka made this game look like a million bucks! Thanks Teka!

In thanks for his efforts I am going to work hard to improve the game and add ALOT more to it. I plan to work nonstop this week to produce a longer more involved story.

I plan to add:
More quests,
Interaction with your son,
A better fight with the beast,
Perhaps more to build,
more character development,
name the characters and provide backstory as to why your there in the first place,
Perhaps weather,
and music and sound effects,
and much more as I go along!

If you would like to suggest ideas for the game or storyline or anything else I can improve let me know!

Maybe this game will be halfway decent when I get done lol :)
It'd be sweet if we started some sort of public art forum where people would post some crappy to descent general game art to be used as temporary icons. Of course any project that used this open resource would have to give credit to the artist. We could hold competitions like we used to based on themes or uses of techniques like shading or something. Only thing is if something like this was done, the submitted art should be separated by styles so players don't use art that doesn't go together.
I looked at this out of curiosity, and I can't say it wasn't reasonably interesting. If I may suggest something, hopefully not what's been already said, the interface could be improved for tearing down tree's, fishing, talking, and entering/ exiting the house.

In my opinion, I think it would be a huge boost to the game to see you do things like that with clicks on the actual objects themselves rather than a command that appears and disappears on the commands tab. And I think a larger view size would be nice, seeing so few tiles so large makes it a little bit tough to navigate at times.

Also, keep on going! I look forward to seeing the improvements you make to the game. It would be cool to see this turn into something more than it is. :)
Mikey Reborn wrote:
Awesome game , the story made up for the crappy icons xD and the part where you watched your family get devoured , I ... I.. I nearly cried. (Not really but the story was still very nice)

I didn't even read the rest of these posts when I ran across this. I hate when people spoil something on purpose. Smh.
You seem to be highly motivated, and also very determined; don't lose either of those qualities Bloodocean. I'd like to suggest that, once this game is finished, you consider exploring the general concept a bit more.

If you've ever heard of Visual Novels, then that is the main thing that comes to my mind for you; I think you would really enjoy making games that are kind of like your own little visual novels. As is being proven here, the art doesn't need to be huge and well drawn to make it a good story-focused game.

Also. In a game like that, you would want a few multiple choice points, which help explore other paths in the story, and grant more replay value to the game; that particular feature is something I think you should consider implementing in this game as well.

In response to Toddab503
I completely agree ^^.
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:
Mikey Reborn wrote:
Awesome game , the story made up for the crappy icons xD and the part where you watched your family get devoured , I ... I.. I nearly cried. (Not really but the story was still very nice)

I didn't even read the rest of these posts when I ran across this. I hate when people spoil something on purpose. Smh.
Sorry... ? Most people read like 1 post and play before looking at discussion boards...

Mikey Reborn wrote:
Dariuc wrote:
Mikey Reborn wrote:

Sorry... ? Most people read like 1 post and play before looking at discussion boards...

From the first post in this thread:

Bloodocean7 wrote:
'NOTE: Try not to post about the ending so you don't spoil it for anyone :) If you have found a bug or want to discuss the ending or anything else you can always message me :)'

Not a huge deal, but a bit like telling people the end of a book or movie before theyve seen it. Ruins the surprise.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Mikey Reborn wrote:
Dariuc wrote:
Mikey Reborn wrote:

From the first post in this thread:

Bloodocean7 wrote:
'NOTE: Try not to post about the ending so you don't spoil it for anyone :) If you have found a bug or want to discuss the ending or anything else you can always message me :)'

Not a huge deal, but a bit like telling people the end of a book or movie before theyve seen it. Ruins the surprise.

First thing in his first post in big bold letters: WARNING! DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS UNTIL AFTER YOU PLAY THE GAME SPOILERS MAY BE POSTED!

Touché ;)
;)
Page: 1 2 3 4