Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2427962

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Over the course of this wipe and many previous DBG wipes I have seen 400% being taught away like candy when it is a skill that gets to make the difference on many occasions, there should be some way to limit the teaching or overlook who it is being taught to, perhaps by only Admin permission and such.
When I was Academy Master and Cardinal Kai various times I saw a better solution in teaching 300%-350% skills to certain people and only trusting a 400% beam and such to someone I trusted. Being able to get a high percentage beam shouldn't be a question of luck or just having being there for a class, it should have to do with having earned it through RP.

Therefore, the solution to this could be:

-Make it so teaching 200%+ EM skills have to be Admin approved, and every time it's done it could somehow message the Admins if there is a precedent of other mechanics alerting Admins
-Educating Ranked players just as they earn a Rank to avoid future problems
Do you mind if I ask, Why?

It's their rank skill, if they wanna give out their 400% beam like candy, let em. It's their choice of RP. No reason to criticize a teacher rank for doing their job.

Now, what I think might need a bit of re balancing is all ranks getting a 400% beam. Personally, if it were me, I think only Acad masters and specific teachers should get the ability to make a 400% beam, but that's just me.
In response to Manly-pink
You think if I was a Kai I should give body like candy, or if I were Earth Guardian I should allow tower access and HTBC training like candy?
200%+ beams shouldn't be taught like it were any other thing to anyone who's there to take the class like they are right now, people who hold AM ranks don't always take effort into actually building a relationship with students, it's as if they took anyone off the street and just taught it to them. That's what I witnessed this wipe
In response to SuperWilhelm
Those things are different though, HBTC has a permanent effect on your character, something that can't be editted/taken away

Give body is a bit less bad, but still, something that has the ability to change a character, although it's more easily reversed.

If you felt that something was a questionable teach, why didn't you report it? I get what you're looking to do, but, I don't really agree that teaching a 400% beam needs Admin red tape around it.

A more... I guess reasonable solution would be to restrict the 400% beam teaching to 1 student per year. This way you couldn't teach it out as fast, and would have 12 IC months to form a bond with a student before you taught it.
I'm pretty sure the point was for 400% to be handed out like candy, that's why it was given to teacher ranks, 500% were the ones meant to be almost rank exclusive.
Wait...what? There's 500% moves?
In response to SuperWilhelm
SuperWilhelm wrote:
You think if I was a Kai I should give body like candy, or if I were Earth Guardian I should allow tower access and HTBC training like candy?
200%+ beams shouldn't be taught like it were any other thing to anyone who's there to take the class like they are right now, people who hold AM ranks don't always take effort into actually building a relationship with students, it's as if they took anyone off the street and just taught it to them. That's what I witnessed this wipe

As a Kai it isn't in your best interest to give body like candy, and as the Earth Guardian it isn't in your best interest to allow HTBC training likely crazy, ICly and OOCly. OOCly limiting how often something can be taught (that isn't a mechanical limitation) is putting unnecessary oversight into a rank and limiting the ranked player's IC decision making by OOC means.

No. Learn to RP some. If some shitlord wants to mass teach, that's their business.