ID:107111

Keywords: rejected, rips
Hey guys, Ok i want to help clear as many Rips away as possible.
Now please if you have time could you do this as a favor for me?

I would like anyone or everyone to show me the website link for any rips you know of on the site,

I would like it if you could supply me the link to the original and then to the rip.

Ok well, I have spoken with tom and theres a little bit of confusion over certain rips. But if you could help me out as much as possible so that we can at least help reduce these rips.

Rejecting rips do not get rid of them, it just makes them a lot harder to find, they will never be on the games page and they wont be able to be found in the search, But they can still be found if u have it in your favorites or if the hub link gets spread about and distributed.

For some games which i cannot be 100% on such as some of these cowed games say they had permissions to continue? i find myself at an unsure decision and have set the potential rips as pending so they are sent to the slush pile so the rest of the admins can have a look at the games again.

Please stay on topic.
Original
Rip
Rip
Rip
Rip

Mass murder, please?
I'll spread the word, bro. I have a few rips that I just used to help myself learn how to code. I never use them. If this helps, somebody with the name of "Ssj4justdale" was hosting a rip yesterday. I logged on and saw it.
Ok Oasiscircle, I have set those other 4 cowed games back as pending,
Since we'll need to review them a bit further to decide if they actually class as rips, And thanks Kingmasherr i found that bleach game which is an apparent rip of Bsoc,

Looks like not many people are really interesting in the rip situation as i has hoped. lol :(
I don't know if I'm allowed to influence you or not, but just to aid you in your decision.

Nategrant and I were the original creators of the rip Cowed.
It's a rip. It's not an original game whatsoever.
So if you were trying to decide on whether or not it's a rip, there's your answer.
Honestly, I've given up on the rip situation. After the years of "We can't do anything about it" I'm not optimistic about Tom suddenly jumping head first into a mass purge of rips.
I agree with F0lak,but I want to help!
It's no use, Teka. They aren't going to do this for you because they are too lazy, but you know this is a good opportunity to get rid of rips you dumb trolls.
One of the problems we have is that the people who are motivated to solve the problem don't know which games are the original, and which are rips. Meanwhile, the people who do know the difference are the people playing the rips.

I'd help, but I can't even figure out how to play those anime games. :/
lol well, I guess its just up to me, Thanks anyway guys :)

@Iain: Your lucky i'm motivated and i do have a rough idea whats what, I'm more of a regular anime game player, So i can terminate a good few luckily :D.

@Proxon: It does seem that way.

@Kingstone: lol you can help :)

@Folak: Ahh i understand what you mean but it's not really a mass purge. Think of it as just labeling them for what they are and us making them less advertised, because thats really all we are doing.

I'm doing the best i can do clean up the games list, So i would appreciate everyones help, i will take action how and when i can so, Please don't shy away, I'm taking action right now, not later, so things are happening.

Godspeed Teka. I don't know anything about anime games, so I couldn't really help.
http://www.byond.com/games/Matt3151/NarutoTheFinalBattle

http://www.byond.com/games/Calilber/NTLB

http://www.byond.com/games/AllStarBANG/ DragonballzDarkApocalypse

http://www.byond.com/games/Bishamon121/DragonBallPhoenix

http://www.byond.com/games/Mesalina62/ DragonballZInflictedSoulZ#tab=pics
^

The first game game is a rip the original hub has been deleted do. It is not a widely spreaded source but the source is Naruto Izou.

Second game - is obviously a rip from WOTS.

Third Game - Not sure which source it is from but it is widely spreaded source like 90% of the DBZ games on BYOND use the source.

Fourth Game - At least 10 Games use that. Their is a huge story behind how how it got spread.

Fifth Game - Just like the third game.
Keep up the good work! Unfortunately i do not have time on my list to do any of this.

I am useless lol...
I was just browsing the blog posts and I came across this and felt compelled to say something because "Hey, something might happen"

This has been bugging me for a while now but "Shinobi Story Online" right here http://www.byond.com/games/Mugen234/Konohagakure

Has basically ripped every base icon, clothing, and hair icon (many of which I iconned myself and did so tediously for hours for all the icon states), from Naruto Final Fight. (No this game does not include Mayor Haggar). As well as other building icons and so forth. This game has had a bad history and at one point on BYOND Anime there was a review of this game where the original owner posted in the comments revealing what rip this game was, and the fact that almost everything was stolen from a DBZ source, icons from NFF and other games, etc.

I really didn't have a problem with this for a while because they credited us on their Hub. That's all I really want for my work, but then they removed that so I got kind of upset.
One more thing I feel compelled to mention is that Naruto Final Fight is indeed a rip itself.. or was? I don't know what the policy is on that, but NFF started approximately 5 years ago as a WoTS rip. However, when Zack101, and myself inherited the project we completely stripped the game down to the bare essentials, recoded that, and added up from scratch. There are fragments of WoTS code left but..yeah, it's still technically a rip since we never started from the ground, up.
Here is a link to that.

http://www.byond.com/games/DarkMoonProductions/ NarutoFinalFight

I don't really give a shit if this game is ever removed (By which I mean Shinobi Story online, sorry I just went through this and read and it seemed kind of confusing), all I want is credit for the work that I put into my iconning, and not have someone else say that they did it. The icons aren't FANTASTIC, because the base itself has a very simplistic feel so I had to make the hair go along with that. But the complex animations, hair blowing in the wind, and sheer number of icon states was a lot of work.
Okay first off,
I do not own DBZ: IS i just made the hub due too circumstances.I know Mathinic has put alot of work and effort in the game making all kinds of updates for it too just be thrown away as a 'rip', cause as far i can see Mystic World and that unleashed crap isnt a ' non rip ' either.
You can atleast talk to Mathinic about it.
Thnx.
Just because you put some work into a rip does not make it a non rip.

Third Game - Not sure which source it is from but it is widely spreaded source like 90% of the DBZ games on BYOND use the source.

DBP is a direct continuation, or spiritual successor, to finale which yes had some ripped bits to it.

Phoenix doesn't even resemble finale anymore, let alone what ever finale was sprung from. Saying this is a rip is like saying Perfect Dark is a rip of Golden Eye because it used the same engine, albeit immensely modified from it's original.

DarkLordKoji wrote:

DBP is a direct continuation, or spiritual successor, to finale which yes had some ripped bits to it.

Phoenix doesn't even resemble finale anymore, let alone what ever finale was sprung from. Saying this is a rip is like saying Perfect Dark is a rip of Golden Eye because it used the same engine, albeit immensely modified from it's original.

You're comparing ripping to a company making a brand new IP with an engine they had full rights to?

You dumb.

Rip inquisitionnn. Burn down their dojos, smash their Dragon Balls, throw away their forehead protectorsss.
Page: 1 2