BYOND Hosting / Shell Server

by Xirre
A shell server (hosting service) for all of BYOND to use!
ID:1669879

Feel free to try it out by visiting the respective hub and clicking "Play in webclient". There are still some kinks to work out, obviously. But, it's a start. You can help out with solving these issues by giving a detailed analysis (Beta Bug Report) to the BYOND Devs at http://www.byond.com/forum/?forum=21.
Games now, by default, have their web client turned off. This is done because of a bug where the CPU of a game's process caps out. My guess is that it has to deal with enabling the web client feature. If you would like to have your game with web client enabled, feel free to ask me and I will personally turn it on for your game.

There are a few games that still have the Web Client enabled. However, the only reason for that is because they haven't shown any signs of high CPU usage as a result. So, they can continue to be a part of the testing phase.
What if Developers didn't want the web client enabled in the first place? Wouldn't it be better if it was turned off by default, and only turned on by request?

Not all games are compatible with the web client either. :<
That's how it is now.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
That's how it is now.

Oh, okay.
It was just a temp opt in for global testing. Everyone could easily opt-out immediately. And heck, as soon as their game started going haywire from the update, I opted them out by default. So, all is well.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
It was just a temp opt in for global testing. Everyone could easily opt-out immediately. And heck, as soon as their game started going haywire from the update, I opted them out by default. So, all is well.

Harmony Online looks extremely fucked up. Not sure if it's buggy or if it's not compatible. Too lazy to look into everything.

EDIT: Only saw the login screen though. Input bars do not appear.
The webclient is not to be relied on at the point in time. It's in.. let's say.... 1% completion in my eyes. But, trying to report some things that look bad will help them get it to a working state. They've fixed some sizing issues in the next update. 507.1251.