Pixel Movement

by Forum_account
Pixel Movement
A pixel movement library for isometric and top-down maps.
O yeah tru. Thanks and add my msn: [email protected] and what's yours.?
Anime HQ wrote:
O yeah tru. Thanks and add my msn: [email protected] and what's yours.?

I don't use instant messaging programs. The BYOND pager and my BYOND forum are the best ways to contact me.
O alriqht. I added the pixel movement to a new project that's small and no lag xD. So I think it may be the size of the project.
I tried this with a game with a lot of animals with AI. Needless to say, it lagged a lot, but after implementing the included performance optimization for AI, speed very much improved.
Ok thanks ill try that when I get the chance.
Kaiochao wrote:
I tried this with a game with a lot of animals with AI. Needless to say, it lagged a lot, but after implementing the included performance optimization for AI, speed very much improved.

Even if the mobs have no AI and are just stationary, the library still calls their movement proc. If a mob isn't moving it doesn't do much, but with enough mobs it'll still bog the server down.

I intended it to be easy to add to your game, so I'm glad to hear that it was easy for you to add and that it made a big difference. Because the library increases the framerate this is the type of problem that may never come up in other BYOND games.
This is looking good! I've always thought the worst thing about BYOND is its lack of pixel based movement. Problem solved.
Looks good, not sure if I'll need it, but it's a good library to have just in case.
Bug: When you jump, you sometimes go through dense objects.
Extremely powerful, easy to learn, and fun to play with; what else could you possible ask for in a library?
Gooseheaded wrote:
Extremely powerful, easy to learn, and fun to play with; what else could you possible ask for in a library?

You forgot to mention the helpful articles I've written about it (1, 2, and 3) and the help forum that I'm almost constantly checking =)
You should add the key directions:
SOUTHEAST,SOUTHWEST,NORTHEAST & NORTHWEST

i mean, you move those directions, but the user dir will be something diferent.
as an example: I use base icons with the directions above, but they dont respond!
I have alreaddy fixed that problem for myself, so you should do it for the next ones that downloads...
Extremely useful lib! The documentation is outstanding.
Jmurph wrote:
Extremely useful lib! The documentation is outstanding.

Thanks! This reminds me that I need to update the documentation, it seems to always be just a little bit behind.
The documentation includes the answer to that. You usually must change some things.

EDIT: By some things I meant some things in your game.
You should just need to include the library into your project (see this video for an example of how it works). If you include it into an existing project of a significant size, you may have some features in the project that won't work anymore. It's best to include the library in a new project.
Great library. I am currently working on a project using this, and I am very excited about it!
Evi of au wrote:
Great library. I am currently working on a project using this, and I am very excited about it!

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that. Lemme know how the project turns out!
Pro, of coarse!
Highly usefull library recommended to ALL
How do you use the library? My Dream maker refuses to read the code... to I have to have it all in the Library to work?
Page: 1 2 3 4