ID:102826

Resolved
BYOND Version:477
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.3
Applies to:Website

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I have just created a new BYOND library hub entry for a collaborative project, with "Hide this library in the hub index" checked and "Only subscribers may download" checked. The file was uploaded to my member space and has the same settings in my files page as all my other libraries. However when I attempt to download it through the hub using an subscribed key, the BYOND pager opens and reports a 401 authorization required error.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
  1. Create or alter an existing hub entry.
  2. Host a library file on your member site using the "Uploaded File" tool.
  3. Active the "Only subscribers may download" checkbox.
  4. Add yourself as a subscriber, if necessary.
  5. Click "Submit Changes".
  6. Go to the hub page and attempt to download the library.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
N/A

Expected Results:
The file should download and open normally.

Actual Results:
A 401 error.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Other libraries hosted on my member site do the same thing if I require subscription for download. Off site files are fine.
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Unverified

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
Host the file off site or do not use subscriber only downloads. Both are unacceptable because they compromise security for my source files.
If this is the entry I think it is, I tested this and was unable to get the issue to occur. For testing purposes I added myself as a subscriber and tried the big download button, and that worked. I also tried the Zip link, which worked too. (The Zip link is the only one I know of that would cause a 401 anyway.) After testing I removed myself from the subscriber list and deleted my local copies of the files.

One possibility I do know of that could cause problems is if you went to the hub page with one key, then logged out or logged into a different key while on another page. If the first page was still open, it would have outdated user information and would have failed to allow you access to login. This would be consistent with the 401 error.
None of my hub entries were configured in the way that causes the error. I needed to provide access to the new hub entry, so I left it pointing to a location on my BYONDhome site, instead of my member site. I had not attempted using any but my primary key until I realized there was a problem and wanted to test exactly how the problem is triggered. I then used the second key and second browser (IE8) to verify the problem.

I have just posted it to my member site again and tried to access it from a third browser (Google Chrome, unverified version) on another computer with BYOND version 476 using my original key. The same thing happened. I've given you subscriber status to that hub entry so that you can see what I mean.

I also have already verified this error with another hub entry that is uploaded to my member space, so it is not only this particular hub entry causing the problem.
I've confirmed this now and I'm working on a fix. As a workaround until it's fixed, using the [Zip] download link will definitely work.