ID:110407

Not a bug
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.15
Applies to:Website

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
After previewing my blogs and hitting the back button, the blogs are blown away (all fields are blank). This didn't happen before. FF was updated recently so I don't know who owns the problem but it sucks.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Create a blog, preview, and click back button.

Result:
Fields reset
We can't control the browser's back-button behavior.
It has always preserved the form data... I guess I'll look into a FF issue but...
Preserving the form data wasn't our doing; we have zero control over the page content after navigating away. When form data is preserved it's always done by the browser, not the page itself, except in cases like when you submit a form but need to make changes. In those cases the page delivered to you often contains the fields you submitted, as a courtesy, but that's made possible by the fact that the data was submitted.

What I'm not getting here though is why the back button is even an issue. The proper behavior of the preview button on a blog post is to open in a new window. The back button shouldn't be available on the preview window at all. If you're seeing different behavior, that's probably something misconfigured at your end but there may be something we could look into to prevent it if we knew what it was.
I've never had it open in a new window. I've always set FF to open pop-up windows in a new tab.
But new tab or window, neither should have the back button.
Well, it actually opens the Preview in the same tab and so the browsers back button is available and takes you back to a blank form. There is no way to close the preview. I've always thought the design was a bit wonky and perhaps now I know why.

So far, FF is retaining form data on all other sites when you navigate away and back. That part of the problem seems local to BYOND.
The preview should not open in the same tab. That's FF misbehaving. As you'll see if you examine the HTML (like with Firebug), the form is being given target="_blank" via JavaScript. If you've configured that to open in new tabs that should still be fine, but it shouldn't open in the same tab unless you've made a configuration change or the JS isn't working for some reason.
OK, you win. It's not FF either. It's the Tab Mix Plus Add-on I added to FF a while ago and now that I'm realizing it, I recall them pushing out an update a few weeks back which is around the same time I started noticing the cache problem. Gah, sry to have wasted any of your time.