ID:1990577

I'm making this a compilation post, because I'd just be flooding the bugs page otherwise. My code has remained static for months, just as an FYI.

Every OS from XP to 10.
Every Browser from Firefox to Chrome
Tested on multiple computers

Webclient:

1. A majority of the command tabs simply never render or render at random after some other command occurs.

http://i.imgur.com/hUA1FUv.jpg

2. Interface style still does not get applied to entire interface. Note the nearly-unreadable tabs in the image linked above.

3. Minimap window still does not render minimap and it turns out any webclient logging in breaks that bit of code when it used to not do that.

4. Turf animation in Chrome is utterly broken (I've got bands of tiles stuck at one frame, a band stuck at another frame, an entire band that animates properly [the one properly animating is the brightest section in the left-hand highlighted area.])

5. Music does not repeat despite using the regular code to tell it to do so.

6. Pop-up dialogs rarely appear. The only one that works with any regularity now is the summon/teleport dialog.

Dream Seeker:

1. Custom-uploaded sprites do not render in Dream Seeker but show fine in the web client.

No fun watching as the work you've been doing goes to utter garbage because of updates. I've come to the realization that work on this project of mine essentially has to stop in its entirety until something stable and long-term materializes on the toolchain side of things.

So when can we expect something stable? Working code examples contained within your own documentation should not fail to run.
It's beta for a reason, dude. If you're trying to develop specifically for the webclient and aren't prepared for this kind of thing, then don't use the webclient.
A compilation post doesn't help. I need real bug reports with code I can test myself. The sound repeat thing is known at least, but I need something to work with for everything else.

The DS thing you mentioned is the first I've heard of that, and again I need a bug with a test case.
In response to Kumorii
Excuse me, when I download a version that says stable, I don't expect it to be beta. 509.1315 says stable, not beta.

"If you're trying to develop specifically for the webclient and aren't prepared for this kind of thing, then don't use the webclient."

If webclient code can't work with THE BARE BASIC CODE EXAMPLES CONTAINED WITHIN STARTING DOCUMENTATION FOR THE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE, then al work on the webclient needs to stop, and it needs to be divorced from the rest of the software in its entirety and only worked upon once an actual static basic standard is agreed upon.

Simply put, when BASIC code like set category= and set name= fail to work, something has gone horribly wrong.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
A compilation post doesn't help. I need real bug reports with code I can test myself. The sound repeat thing is known at least, but I need something to work with for everything else.

The DS thing you mentioned is the first I've heard of that, and again I need a bug with a test case.

I gave you my code just a couple of months ago. It has not changed. Did you ever bother looking at it when I first reported the minimap render issue the first time around and you asked to send me the code? Sendspace stats shows the ratio of people I've linked to that code vs people that actually downloaded that code to be REALLY low, which is why I ask.

I mean, you could try not being rude. BYOND has one man behind the scenes working on everything and getting an attitude like he's supposed to prioritize your requests won't speed things up.

The build you're using is stable, yes, however that's in regards to the core software (DS). The webclient is still beta and has some hangups that need to be addressed. It's only packaged with the stable content for developers to experiment and debug with.

The information you provided isn't enough to really go by and isn't consistent with other developers using the webclient so saying it's a problem with each OS is a bit farfetched unless you personally tried them all. It very well could be an issue on your computers end. I'm not dismissing your reports, but it evidently works for other devs.
I think one of the issues is about tab color, which isn't yet implemented (although now it can be)--but that isn't a new thing at all.
In response to Khyberkitsune
Khyberkitsune wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

I gave you my code just a couple of months ago. It has not changed. Did you ever bother looking at it when I first reported the minimap render issue the first time around and you asked to send me the code? Sendspace stats shows the ratio of people I've linked to that code vs people that actually downloaded that code to be REALLY low, which is why I ask.

I probably still have it, but you'll have to remind me of the filename. Also I'll need info on what to look at and what to do in-game to reproduce your issues. Each issue gets addressed individually, which is why I need separate bug reports.

Regarding stable vs. beta: the webclient is still a beta feature. It's nearing stability, but it's not perfect yet and will get better as more issues are addressed. One of the ones you mentioned, for instance, is already a known issue (sounds not repeating).
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
so saying it's a problem with each OS is a bit farfetched unless you personally tried them all.

I never once said there was a problem with each OS. I stated that the problem occurs under every OS, which I can test as I've got around 15 computers.

IIRC The latest file was AE(version-number) or AnthroEsoterica.

I would just re-link to the file, but I can't seem to find the PM I sent you those months ago, nor any other PMs or any updates excepting my two most recent ones on the site.
I'll be happy to take a look at any bug reports you post on that. I'm pretty sure I have your source around and can take a look at these items, but I'll definitely need more info on each. For instance, in #1 I'm not sure which tabs are supposed to appear and when; I'll need information to see that through. #2 is not a new issue, if it's just that the tab/color style options are ignored. #3 will also need more info; I'm not sure what you mean about that bit of code breaking. In #4, I'm not sure if you're talking about a regularly animated icon or animate(), and the bits about bands mean nothing to me so that needs context. #5 already exists in Beta Bugs, and #6 also needs more context.