ID:258351

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us <------ Skinny build base.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us <---- Average build base.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us <------- Muscular build base.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us <------ Stocky build base.

This only has about twenty minutes worth of work into it. Just a basic idea ATM.

You forgot to change the legs according to the rest of the body.. <.<
In response to Andre-g1
Andre-g1 wrote:
You forgot to change the legs according to the rest of the body.. <.<

he did, don't you see the difference in every other base?
Skinny shouldn't have such defined muscles, unless you want it to have boobs. Average shouldn't be that defined either.
In response to Maggeh
Well, I was going for the look Def Jam Icon had, since this game is going to have a similar theme.

You have to think about the player. What player is going to want to stare at some scrawny guy? I just wanted to provide venues for further character customization.
Well if you are going for a more of a ripped skinny guy like this one
http://weight-training-tips-guide.blogspot.com/2008/12/ enjoying-strong-p...
Look at the guy he doesn't have two balls for pecs, is really defined at the lower pectoral in contrast to the upper part of the pectoral.

You also mentioned it was going to be for sort of fighting game? I think you should change the eyes to fit the type of body you are giving them, and while you are it you might want to change the size of the head according to the type of body each one has.
In response to Rasengan3oo4
I managed to find enough spare time to make some edits.

Toned:Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Average: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Muscular: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Stocky: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In response to Ninjafro
What player that cares enough about muscles on their character will want a character with man-boobs?
In response to Ninjafro
Yes, as everyone has said, the boobs in every picture stick out so much its incredibly hard to look at the rest of it.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I edited the fat ones stomach and chest. I did it quickly so it's sloppy, just trying to give you an idea of how to edit it.
<font color = c5c4c4>Found this file in my harddrive and remembered I was in the middle of something, *shrugs*.</font color = c5c4c4>

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

<font color = ba5c5c> Red Dot</font color = ba5c5c> - The main problem I noticed in these bases is there was an awful lot of noise. There's no point in doing so many things if they become unreadable.

<font color = 55a56b> Green Dot</font color = 55a56b> - Notice the difference when things are simplified and readability is increased.

<font color = ba885c> Orange Dot</font color = ba885c> - [Light Source From the Top] Right now it looks like you just winged it, be sure to identify your objects/shapes first before doing all these complex operations that most of the time weren't even necessary. See: The foundation of my reply by Helm (Reply #16); http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/ index.php?topic=7660.0.mochiads.com/

<font color = 9c66b2> Purple Dot</font color = 9c66b2> - [Light Source From the Top-Left] Just because the light source is shifted doesn't mean you have to necessarily do anything drastic. Alot of times I see guys making these bases with one side containing absolutely no volume, you don't need to go all the way. Just shift the lightning a tiny bit; pixel art is fragile.

<font color = 6a7bb9> Blue Dot</font color = 6a7bb9> - Outlines are overrated, I personally don't think they look good; you shouldn't have to rely on them that much. Outlines are best suited for the...Outside. ;l If you shade drastic enough it shouldn't be a problem.
<font color = c5c4c4>
(Note; This also the reason behind the intensive definition [from Maggeh] and remember critiques are here to help us and excuse's lead to stagnancy.) ;/
</font color = c5c4c4>

2222 Colors