ID:265125

I picked up a copy of the revamped RE for GC and it made me think...why hasnt anyone made a resident evil inspired byond game?
that would be a good idea.

Dracons new game kinda has to do with Living Dead and stuff though. But a RE game would be cool. It might get rid of some of the DBZ games :-)

Alienman
There have been 2 that I know of.
In response to Alienman22774
living dead and RE are different :))) ... RE is better...:P especially when you get the samurai edge and start hackin up zombies.
In response to Alienman22774
Alienman22774 wrote:
It might get rid of some of the DBZ games :-)

No it would not, but it might steer more respectable players and coders to BYOND...
In response to digitalmouse
heh id be willing to make icons for the game if someone would code it
In response to FuZzY DiCe
Umm... Son Vegitto made one a long time ago...
FuZzY DiCe wrote:
living dead and RE are different :))) ... RE is better...:P especially when you get the samurai edge and start hackin up zombies.

Of coures no one menchens limey beans name for being one of the people you tryed this idea.
Actually, one of my first projects when i started was a Resident Evil: BYOND. I ended up discontinueing it because.

1) I was a very novice coder at the time.

2) 2d games lack the SCARY part.

I dont know if i will ever pick it up again. But we all have discontinued projects.

-Ken
In response to Super16
Who cares? im sure it would be easier to make one now...
In response to SonVegitto
If you thought RE was scary *smack* i thought it was fun killin things
When I first came to BYOND, I was playing spacetug at night and it was SCARY! I didnt know about the shuttle.....

This happen to anybody before?
Admit it, When I first played through it, I jumped at various parts. I didnt think it was scary, but i thought it was pretty damn suspenseful. The times after though, it was all for the killing.
In response to Sariat
Yeah it was scary. Especially when you don't know where anything is.
In response to Green Lime
Not quite RE, I came up with an idea for (IMHO) a fun, spooky multiplayer. This post might be better off in Creations, however I wanted to reply here while the topic of this type of game is fresh.

You start the game unarmed, outside of a creepy looking mansion. You go inside to find a variety of weapons, drugs (potions/pills), keys, and other assorted helpful items. There are monsters roaming the halls and rooms on each floor of the mansion. Random events happen, including loss of lighting, stairs giving way to reveal lower levels, secret doors opening, you get the idea. That's cool and all, but honestly, I think the subtitle for the game would be <font color=red>"Its more fun when you're dead."</font>

If you die from getting hacked up by a monster, or if a player decides he likes your weapon better than his and cracks your skull with a 2x4, you become the living dead. Now you get to roam the mansion looking for a player to gnaw on. You will continue your search for blood until you've successfully killed another player. You are brought back to life outside of the mansion, and the cycle begins again.

This is a rough idea, but could evolve into a pointless yet addicting haunted house. I would execute this idea myself, but I'm still far from having the knowledge necessary to handle it. Here's a quick list of ideas that would make the gameplay more psychotic:

- "Administration" may have access to game settings like special events, sound effects, play as NPC's (ex: wandering spirits) and other interactions.

- Limit the items and weapons available, so when there's only one shotgun in the mansion and you've got it, players will want to hunt you down to get their hands on it.

- Keep score of how many times players have been killed by monsters/PCs, how many of these they have killed, and other statistics.

This sounds like a combination of two of my all-time favorite games: Splatterhouse, and Maniac Mansion! The idea is far from my own, most likely unoriginal, but feel free to add suggestions or take the idea and do something with it. I'd love to see this .. in the flesh ..

<font color=red>Bwa ha ha ha,</font>
Matic293
In response to Matic293
The suddon burst of sound would be the most scarey part for RE I think. Thats probley be the hardest thing to do on byond since there not many musicians on byond.
haha when i rented it the parts that were supposto be scary were so obvious like things jumping through windows...that one hall you even see their shadows...
In response to Green Lime
Oh yeah? =P

If someone did want to make this a reality, I would be very inserested in working on music and a sound system. I have several midi utilities at my disposal and a collection of .wav files that may be useful.