ID:97843

Not a bug
BYOND Version:470
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.6
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
In my game when i or others goto copy the text on the output windows the game begins to frezze for about 5mins or so then resumes normaly, buh it is also resulting in major lag spikes and sometimes crashes the game or crashed the client for that user

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
simply copy and paste text from the outputted window on my game ( not sure if other games are effected yet)

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
to copy the text as normal like before

Actual Results:
major delay and crashing of dream seeker

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
everytime u need to copy and paste text from the chat
In other games?
untested
In other user accounts?
several people have the same problem
On other computers?
yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
when u dont copy the chat text

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
its only recently begun to happen, i think after 4.68

Workarounds: log chat then open the log file to copy and paste the text back to game if needed or elsewere

When you report a bug relating to a specific game it is necessary to include a link to that game's hub entry. If the game is live or can't be played at that time, a downloadable version or source is needed.

Since the output control did not undergo any changes in 468, it does not seem like that version would have introduced the crash; however I understand it's probably impossible for you to test with older versions at this point, since that would require rolling back the server as well. Please provide the missing information about the game and I'll see if I can reproduce this.

Other information that would help is whether this happens only on large blocks of text, or if it happens even with small amounts of text. Are icons present? What kind of formatting is in use? That info will help narrow things down.
apparently now the issue has vanished since the server updated to the latest build, so it must of been something related to 1 of the fixes you made.

if the problem reappears i will provide more information regarding it buh for now thank yo for youre time u can close this now if you like.