ID:1044486

(See the best response by Higoten.)
Well i can only host when i hook my computer up by cable rather then wifi to my router but i want to no how to open ports i tried port forwarding but they dont have my router ,Btw my router is a bell (Canadian) So if anyone knows anything please add me on pager or reply in this forum post
Best response
Hi jjsq303,

In order to help you with finding steps to set up your router's port-forwarding configurations, we will also need the model number of your router. This number (or combination of words, letters, and numbers) can typically be found in your owner's manual (where you may also find port-forwarding instructions) or is sometimes listed on a label on your router.

Good luck!
Sorry for the late reply but i found out how like a week after the post but thx
I am also a canadian that is in need of assistance My ZyXEL router on portforward.com is non existane, for my model reads VSG1432 Im currently looking for Remote Assistance for this, and would really Appreciate some assistance for a computer lacking retard like myself.
In response to Kal-gore
Hi Kal-gore,

First, you will have to set-up a static IP address for your computer before you are able to configure your router for port-forwarding.

To set up a static IP address : Start > Run... > type: cmd > OK > type: ipconfig/all > Write down the IPv4 Address, subnet mask, Default gateway, and DNS server. > Start > Control Panel > Network connections > Right click the internet connection you are currently using. > Properties > Select Internet protocol(TCP/IP)> Properties > Click "Use the following IP address" and enter the information that you wrote down earlier into the appropriate boxes. > OK > OK

Now that you have a static IP address, you can follow these port-forwarding steps for your router.

To portforward your ZyXel VSG1432 router. Open Internet Explorer > In the address box type: http://192.168.1.1 > Go > When prompted for a username and password, enter admin for the username, and enter 1234 for the password. > Network Settings > NAT > Add New Rule > Give the rule a service name, this is an arbitrary , but necessary requirement. > Set External start, External End, Internal start, Internal End port all to the port that you wish to host on. > Set Server IP Address to the static IP address that you used earlier. > Set Protocol to TCP/UDP. > Apply.

Reference to ZyXel VSG1432 owner's manual pages 56-58.

Good luck!