ID:116963

Well, it has been a while since I've been on byond. I haven't been doing much lately in programming - been in kind of a slump recently and playing a game called Minecraft (more addictive then crack.) Now that my laptop is dead I am free of the minecrack and am able to return to my programming.

I will be doing semi-often posts here, like a blog because thats what it seems to be like after all. I am starting work on an all new version of my Real Time Strategy game, including a new name which is yet to be decided upon (Faction Strife just isn't very catchy).

Anyways, first thing on my list of things to do in this game - realistic map generation at run-time, with deserts, grasslands, tundra, mountains, forests, oasis etc.

Will take a while, but I'm going to give it my best shot. I have a few demos that might help me, so I don't have to work 100% from scratch. I'm gonna work all through this next week to get it working, hopefully will be done by the end of the week (a goal I'm setting for myself).