ID:1185676

Keywords: broken, files, missing
(See the best response by DarkCampainger.)
one day i was trying to get into SS13 server and then it said byond was out of date, So i updated it now it says that files are missing such as Dream maker and the byond.exe. So i uninstalled it then reinstalled it and i get the same errors.
Download the latest version; http://www.byond.com/download
I have already tried this multiple times
Best response
1) What OS are you running?
2) Do you have administrator privileges?
3) Where are you installing BYOND?
4) If you go to the directory you installed BYOND in, what do you see? It should look like:
bin
cfg
help
uninst.exe

5) If you open the "bin" sub-directory, are all of the files there? It should look like:
byond.exe
byondcore.dll
byondext.dll
ByondStub.dll
byondwin.dll
dm.exe
dreamdaemon.exe
dreamdeploy.exe
dreammaker.exe
dreamseeker.exe
fmodex.dll
mydream.exe
npbyond.dll
trace.bat

6) How are you starting BYOND? Through a shortcut? Was it one you made yourself or one the installer created? What path does the shortcut point to?
I am running Windows 7
Yes
In my C: under program files (x86)
That is what it looks like
No, It is missing most of those files
I'm starting byond through the shortcut that the installer created.
i'm missing files from the zip folder and i don't know why i need help because i really want to play games and also i click on a server i want to play on and it just won't do anything it won't load it won't say you are missing files and i am annoyed
and also i have been trying to load the other file to the left of the zip download and it won't open
I fixed it. The place where i was installing it to was corrupted, so i just put it into the desktop and it works perfectly fine now.