EVE is a very good game, but what I really don't like about it is the training system, it's a real time training system, which means that there is no way you can even come close to the people that has been playing for more time than you.
Also, no matter what you do, you will always train at the same speed (There are some variations, with some items, but it's almost unnoticeable at the beginning, later in the game you can save a lot of time.)
I played it some time ago and I really enjoyed it, but after a few months I got bored of it, especially because of the training system, anyways I still enjoy reading some of the stories of the player of EVE, like massive wars that happen, etc.

Like I said it's a great game...but it's just not for everyone.
eve online is fun if you have years to invest into a game and years of money for the skill training lol.
It depends how you play. If your intention is to jump into big scale alliance warfare then you need the year+ to actually get good at the game, build up a reputation with NPC corporations and find your way into an alliance that will let you fight.

If you're pootling about with friends pirating or some such, it probably is like 3 months and you're away having plenty of fun.
Wizard 101!!!!
Page: 1 2