In response to Falacy
Why not bring back ads inside of the Pager?
Ads display when attempting to connect?
Heck if you want to make a profit, your going to have to turn BYOND into Myspace. *cringe*
In response to Flame Sage
lets talk numbers here tom! how much you want to get rid of the ads?
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Heck if you want to make a profit, your going to have to turn BYOND into Myspace. *cringe*

I've considered this (for non-members). A lot depends on the options available to us from our advertisers. There's a fine line between making some money and being too obtrusive. So far we've been very good to non-members (basically giving everything away for free), but if we want to keep developing and maintaining BYOND we're going to need to either get some real growth or put in more kinds of things like this.
In response to Tom
there were no numbers in that post <.<
hows 10 bux a month per ad per hub page sound
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Flame Sage wrote:

I've considered this (for non-members). A lot depends on the options available to us from our advertisers. There's a fine line between making some money and being too obtrusive. So far we've been very good to non-members (basically giving everything away for free), but if we want to keep developing and maintaining BYOND we're going to need to either get some real growth or put in more kinds of things like this.
So you want it to be Pay To Use?

Seriously, if we have to pay to remove ADDS OFF THE PAGER, it's pretty much over -_-"
In response to Eternity Productions
Eternity Productions wrote:
Seriously, if we have to pay to remove ADDS OFF THE PAGER, it's pretty much over -_-"

considering the pager is pretty much members only now anyway, u already do have to pay for it =P I remember when everyone could page everyone AH the good ol days =p
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
Eternity Productions wrote:

considering the pager is pretty much members only now anyway, u already do have to pay for it =P I remember when everyone could page everyone AH the good ol days =p
hah.

Too bad my friend cant do anything pretty much. No pager for him. (my friend = Eternal Desire)
It'd help process of the game if we had a blog + good uploader. I'd use my old, near-dead membership key King of Slimes if I could remember it's info.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
there were no numbers in that post <.<
hows 10 bux a month per ad per hub page sound

The amount per hub page differs a lot by how many times a page is viewed and which pages pull in people likely to click links. If we pulled in $10 per month per every game hub page on the site, we'd be in pretty good shape. But a lot of games' pages are never visited, and some are visited a lot.

But there are two major reasons specific numbers aren't discussed. One is that AdSense actually discourages that. Another is, the numbers are a bit confusing and interpreting them over time is something of an art.

Lummox JR
Page: 1 2