ID:13767

I still don't have a name for it, but right now, that's unimportant. The screenshot here shows a number of things. The portraits on the top left show members of the current squad. The green light indicates the currently selected squad member. The arrows above the heads show squad membership and the current unit. The lift on the left side is currently descending with a soldier on it from a higher level. The bar on the right shows the currently selected weapon, as well as it's ammo clip and how many rounds are left in it. There is also access to an inventory screen and a map. Additional actions will show up here as well as the game progresses.

The drag and drop inventory system is more or less in place. In the inventory screen you have a 3x4 area to store items, currently. This can be expanded with other equipment. You can see items that are on the ground and drag them to and from to get/drop items. There are 3 equipment slots (head, torso, and legs) to which equipment can be dragged and equipped. Weapons in the inventory may be selected using the up and down triangles in the top right of the screen.

The movement system is currently click-based, and it will most likely stay that way. Most of the interface really is mouse driven. Clicking on objects in the world will pop up a list of possible actions. Examples so far include the lift console (lift up, lift down) and the auto-rifle (eject clip).

The map is generated by a system not quite unlike LummoxJR's SwapMaps library, but my system is a little lighter, and more custom tailored to this game.

The end product is intended to be a squad based tactical combat game, but will have a lot of base building and resource management as well.

PS: The units in the screenshot ARE clothed. The underwear just needs to be darkened a bit, it kinda fades into the skin on jpegs.
I love you with every part of my body, including my pee pee.
Wow, looks pretty sexy.
sweet
Looks good.
It looks good, but when you say the game will include base building, do you mean you can upgrade your base such as adding turrets, barriers, etc.? If so, awesome. Good luck on your project.
This is the game I helped test right? Anyways, good luck and remember if you ever need a ssjx100^12gm then Lord is your man :D
As with all my games, GMs are a no no. To Goku, yes, but it will be more things like rooms and hallways. These will come in "secure" varieties of course ;)
Looks awesome. :)
You're CSS annoys me. I can't read the entire first comment (lol @ IE :/).

The game looks amazing. Do you make the icons, or do you hire someone?
I make my own icons. On occasion my girlfriend helps me with other art stuff
Looks cool.
How do you draw so good? :( The turfs look pretty simple, but the character portraits...man.

I'm always so jealous when you post new pics of your games :P
Hawt <3 DerDragon