ID:142480

My friend tested this about 10 times from his house and told me that every time it froze while it was deleting the text and never got to the screen where the alaphebet came up, this would mean that something in the first 2 procs in character creation is freezing players and then disconnecting then but not lagging me at all while its happening and it doesn't happen to me when I connect from the host computer.
Code:
mob/proc
Character_Creation()
close_allscreen()
close_menu()
BG(5,10,10,11)
ST(5,10,12,1.5," Name:")
ST2(6,10,11,10.5,"********")
BG(2,3,13,9)
name =""
window="Name"
pointer=new(client)
pointer.screen_loc="2,9:-7"
arrow="A"
ST(3,13,9,1.5,"A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ! ? ' ; : . , BackSpace Finished")

close_menu(){for(var/obj/fonts/text/O in client.screen)del O;for(var/obj/fonts/back/O in client.screen)del O;for(var/obj/menu/arrow/O in client.screen)del O}

close_allscreen()
for(var/obj/onscreen/O in client.screen) del O
menulist = list()
inmenu = null
menupos = 1

Problem description:
This problem is probably might be related to the problem I was having before with icons or it might not, I have no way of knowing becuase I this only happens to people who are not connecting from the host computer.

This code worked for all of 2007 on my game, players could connect. Three things have changed since then that I can think of, I have norton internet security, a new computer with windows vista when I had xp on the old one and now I have the newest version of byond that isn't 4.0.

This time I decided to post the functions that are being used when people who have connected freeze and then are booted, maybe there is something in there that I am just not seeing. I've put years of work into this game, I really need some help.