ID:152401

I was looking over my old games and came across a gem that I was proud of owning two copies of, Ogre Battle, for the SNES and Playstation both... and that got me to thinking, the system is possible to recreate in Byond though the use of lists for the parties and keeping track of the 1-5 members of each... as well it's possible to do everything with pixel movement based on terrain by preference of the unit... it would even be possible to use standard AI to follow the nearest path that would do it best e.g. if it's a plains type take a road and then take plains if the road ends while avoiding mountains, forests, and oceans...

I'm just curious on how many people think that a system like that with a few modifications like the class system and recruitment, etc. would be entertaining on Byond. The use of swapmaps could make it hostable for a PvP aspect and maybe even open it up for team games or a deathmatch...

It would make a decent Real Time Strategy/War game without being turn based. The only real problem I can see currently with it would be inventing a way to make a multiplayer PvP combat system since the encounters would need to stop movement on the map and that might annoy some people.