ID:156153

I know this has been discussed elsewhere about how to use DMCGI, but the issue is I have not found any resource telling you how to install BYOND on the website and actually how to set up the ports for a BYOND game, as well as configure the site for use with DMCGI.

Here is the list of questions:

1) What kind of service host do you need/recommend? I really love 1and1.com for various reasons, but if there is another host that is cheaper and/or more user-friendly, I'd love to know. I also understand nothing about servers, so I wouldn't know which package to select.

2) How do you install BYOND on the website? This honestly has never made sense to me - installing a program on a website? But then again, I'm only now focusing a high portion of attention to web-design, so perhaps that is why. In any case, I'm interested.

3) Now that BYOND is set up on your nifty new website, how do you open up the ports to host your game?

4) Last, what are a set of valuable resources I can use to set up the website for use with DMCGI? Is there any special code required to ready the page with "I'm about to use DMCGI!", or anything of the sort? I'm also familiar with the idea that graphics cannot be implemented - however, if it is the browser-based functions of DMCGI, isn't it possible to allocate images that are related to the website? For example, graphic banners or related. From my understanding, the whole limitation was it could do anything that you can make the browser do (in Dreamseeker). Is this understanding correct?
Here's a couple things you might want to take into consideration:

I don't think you can install BYOND onto any website. I think it must be on a VPS or Dedicated Server. Because if I remember correctly websites only have the required webhosting ports open, compared to a VPS or DS which have all ports open.

Ontop of that, you are right, 1and1 is an amazing provider. But lookup YourDomainGoesHere.com and signup with them, I was a longterm GoDaddy and 1and1 customer until I found them. You can host get a reseller account and host a sh*t ton of sites for a petty 5$ a month. Ontop of that you can pay monthly or in advance. I'm not trying to advertise, but you'll get more bang for your buck there. If you want BYOND installed on a server just go with a VPS. If you need help installing it on your server just email or aim me, my screename is BlntForceTrev. And since it's close to Christmas I'll install it for free and you can than change your password.