ID:161237

everytime i update it and go to run it says Admin.dm:10:error:said:undefined var
Admin.dm:13:error:said:undefined var

and this is the code

mob/Owner
verb
Check_For_AFK()
set category = "Staff"
world << "
AFK Check!"
for(var/mob/M in world)
M.AFK_Check()
mob/proc
AFK_Check()
said = 0
var/talk = input("Say something, or be booted.")as null|text
if(talk)
said = 1
world << "[name] has been checked. He will not be booted."
else if(!talk)
sleep(600)
world << "
AFK Check has ended."
if(!talk)
world << "[name] has been booted due to being AFK."
sleep(10)
del(src)

Can somone help me?
Once again: you need to read some tutorials. This is pretty bare-bones basic stuff, here.
In response to Garthor
but im not that good at coding to start off with
In response to Yepin
This is why you read tutorials. They're intended for people who don't know what to do.

Once again: http://www.byond.com/members/ DreamMakers?command=view_post&post=40355
In response to Garthor
i think i mite be slow but i did not see anything on there that had to do with my problem.
In response to Yepin
Your problem is that you don't have any idea of how to code, he's providing the means to fix that problem.
In response to Giantpanda
if i dont know how to code then how do i have a game dumnass
In response to Yepin
Probably because they're rips.
you didnt define your said var
mob/var
said=0

In response to Yepin
If you don't understand what is wrong with the code, there is no way you have a game--unless it is a rip, straight off a tutorial, or just a few verbs thrown together.
In response to Popisfizzy
wow your two are really smart.... not just cause i can code a little bit don't mean i can code that good use your brains
In response to Yepin
Yepin wrote:
wow your two are really smart.... not just cause i can code a little bit don't mean i can code that good use your brains

that didnt make much sense
In response to Gorrek
yeah i see that lol.. i mean just cause i can code some don't mean i can code that well
In response to Yepin
Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE grammar aside:

Declaring variables is perhaps the most fundamental aspect of programming. If you don't know how to do that, then you very, very obviously know nothing.
In response to Yepin
Ok, and he linked you to the tutorials, what you needed help with was covered in them and they'll help you become a better coder.
In response to Yepin
first off.. did u put the var in that i said earlier.. that should fix the error part but i dont think your code will work. second..unless ur game ends up getting alot of players, why not do a manual check? teleport to everyone lol.. thats a definite way to catch them
In response to Giantpanda
my game wont get that big anyway i dont have a host =/