ID:161394

I want to make it when you use a skill, enough times it will level up.
obj/skill
var/experience = 0
var/nextlevel = 100
var/level = 1
proc
use(var/mob/user)
user << "You use [src]"
experience++
levelcheck(user)
levelcheck(var/mob/user)
if(experience > nextlevel)
level++
nextlevel = nextlevle + 100
user << "[src] has leveled up"
In response to Garthor
Ok, that does answer my question. Now next question would be I'm using unknowns turn-based combat, how would I add that in?
In response to Lundex
Lundex wrote:
Ok, that does answer my question. Now next question would be I'm using unknowns turn-based combat, how would I add that in?

If you're referring to my old Turn Based Battle demo, then you wouldn't "add it in". When getting help from the forums, it's not such a good idea to blindly copy and paste code into your game. First, it almost never yields what you want, and second, you wouldn't get as much as figuring out what the code is doing. Garthor did not leave any explanation of the code he wrote (which isn't so good, since the explanation is probably more valuable than the code), which leaves you to figure out what it means.

You also shouldn't be "using" the demo. It is old (admittedly, I probably would have removed it or rewritten it had I remembered about it), and you also shouldn't be "using" demos like libraries. Both exist to guide you and show you an example of how to implement what the demo is trying to explain.
In response to Unknown Person
Well, I've never really blindly copied a demo in my life, your old system, I used it as more a guide after I figured out how it worked.