ID:181191

It's called Caret Browsing, and apparently F7 can turn it on. It is that easy.

------------------

For some reason if I click somewhere on a web page in IE8, a cursor appears there. This has been going on for about a week, and screws me up when I'm trying to scroll with arrow keys and PageUp/PageDown. If I hit arrow keys, the cursor moves, and I can even hold shift and it'll highlight text as it goes.

Mostly I want to know if this is a browser setting I hit on accident, or if something downloaded itself onto my computer. I haven't really gone to any new web sites in the last couple of weeks other than just general browsing, though I just did a CS project for school with a group, and for some reason my group decided to use Google Docs to keep our code synced instead of one of the two or three programs recommended by the teacher that are actually... made for that... But Google Docs has a browser-based text editor, which reminds me of what's going on here, so maybe Google intruded on my browser settings or something. I hadn't used Google Docs before that point, so that's who I'm blaming right now.

I don't have any other browsers to try this on, but I don't think a browser setting or virus would affect multiple browsers anyway. Probably just the one I was using at the time. But I don't know that.

(Also, I will not switch browsers just because someone I don't know on BYOND tells me IE is a bad browser. I already ignore people whom I do know. So don't bother with that.)