ID:181549

I was wondering, if you were going to a programming college, would showing a game you programmed in Byond look good to them? Or would they not care because they most likley wouldn't have heard of the language and would assume it was "Game-Maker crap". Would their opinion differ if you showed them the source code? And how would you think something like having byond games programmed would compare up to playing a sport,afterschool club,job,volunteer work?
Darkjohn66 wrote:
I was wondering, if you were going to a programming college, would showing a game you programmed in Byond look good to them? Or would they not care because they most likley wouldn't have heard of the language and would assume it was "Game-Maker crap". Would their opinion differ if you showed them the source code?

Tried this in my college, they just replied with, "Cool, something the game designers can use to demo their work besides using Game Maker."

And how would you think something like having byond games programmed would compare up to playing a sport,afterschool club,job,volunteer work?

This depends mostly on how much free time. I know I'm not dedicated to developing a BYOND game, when it could probably take at most a day to do the basics of one.

I think I'd rather focus on my job rather than developing a BYOND game.
In response to HolyDoomKnight
Ouch!

Tried this in my college, they just replied with, "Cool, something the game designers can use to demo their work besides using Game Maker."

thats a low blow
My current collage requires us to learn GameMaker by the end of the session well basic knowledge of it. I lucked out because I knew C++/C and Java. And I learned those thanks to BYOND.