ID:186027

What are the things that either draw you towards or push you away from a game? Please use at least a little detail.
Rofl if you were a true designer u would know...but well an idea game its hard to put in "detail" since there are so many genres of games...maybe you could be more specific on your Qs but for a general genre i would always say Battle System,Ease at the start of the game,dont put stupid limits(gets boring after that),interactivity and the things or how many things you can do in the world like quests and such, a simple story if its an action game or so...thats what i can think of atm but would be easier for a specific Genre..
Replay value. If I spend a lot of money on a game, I want to be able to play it over and over. That's why I like fps games more than most because no two situatiuons are ever the same when playing multiplayer. MMORPG's are fun because you can do whatever you want and they usually have a ton of contect you'll never be able to complete.
In response to SuperAntx
Along those lines: It would help if there was a branching storyline, hidden secrets, and unlockables.
If developers always built games the way THEY wanted them to be like, they'd probably never get any customers. :P

It's good to get a customer's/player's opinion on a game, to see what they like/want.

What do I want in a game? I want it to be fun. No, seriously. :P

A lot of games these days just contain grinds and competition; doing the same thing over and over just to lose isn't very fun. That's what's so great about single player games-- they usually don't have grinds OR losing! :)
The 2DExtreme Productions wrote:
Rofl if you were a true designer u would know...

Are YOU a true designed? Doubt it..Anyways, replayability, and a medium difficulty. The game can't be impossibly hard where I will never be able to beat it. Also after beating the game, there should be stuff in it to have you playing over again.
Hork wrote:
What are the things that either draw you towards or push you away from a game? Please use at least a little detail.

**Community (if its a nice community, I will stay, but if people are like 'Your bothering me... BANNED!' or 'I like you' 'SHIMY Googled man gets to be MGM level 10' then I will leave. Apparently the people in charge of the game don't care and just likes to be in power.)

**Figuring out the controls. (if its totally and utterly text with NO help system to get noobs started, then I will leave until its either implemeted or put somewhere with a link. I beleive a good game requires to be able to control your character)

**Type of game (I go towards RPGS. instead of Action games. I like the comfort of creating a person and training him to be better then everyone else.)

**Varity (What in it? I believe a good RPG should have the following: Training: I like games to be hard, but not to the extent of getting like: 500 hp/pl/energy per day. That requires to much of my life [which I don't have] but not easy as just hitting something for an hour and be up in the billions. Quests: What kind of quests are there. I hate that some people would be in crappy quests without somekind of storyline behind it and like retrieve a cane and give it to an old man for like 500,000 hp/pl/energy, basically unrealistic feeling. I like quests that actually require you to do some thing. ex: "Old Man: There are many dinosuars attacking a village, I was on the outskirts of the village when they attacked and I got out unharmed, Since I am an old man I would do more harm then good. Please help the village by taking care of the monsters! I don't know what I could give you but thats not important. Please help my village!"
Now thats bit more decent story line.)

**Last thing: Effort (Effort is really big in my book. Some people will go hours upon hours to make a decent, enjoyable game. Other people [People that don't care and are New to programming] will just take someine else's game, rename it change around 1 to 2 things and call it there own then ban everyone that says its a rip. Most of the time [I like to play DBZ games] I will just enter the game and go to the 'Newb Zone' and look around from there. If I see nothin has changed right there, I will exit the game because I think first impressions are BIG If the Newb zone/client screen/verb pannel is virtually unchanged I won't play the game ever again. because I believe nothin else will be changed much.)

**Icons (I don't care much for Icons. I care more about game play. enough said... Unless your going totally unrip, then go with Icons noone has ever seen before!)
In response to SuperAntx
Yep, nothing beats FPS multiplayer.