ID:19311

I swear, I've finished almost all of the systems we need for a game to go into alpha testing, unfortunately to add content I need Icons.

It's been about 4 weeks since I've gotten a frikin' decent shipment at all. It's been 3 weeks since one of my icon artists promised to get the moving base he "already did" from his father's house. I've had like maybe a trickling of 3 or 4 icons by the other since then. And absolutely no icons from the first.

I swear, I'm about ready to kick them off and hire some damn nublet from a DBZ game. At least then I would get some ripped ones!

{Edit}

Looking through the project, I've done more (crappy) icons than both of them.
This is why I'm trying to do mine myself, its dangerous to rely on others.
But I have absolutely no iconning ability :(
Worldweaver, how did you learn to program?
Basically, I'd much rather not learn to icon, Silent. Instead, I'd like someone with talent do it for me. ; )
*Sighs*
Talent
Then to be honest, you most likely will never find a decent icon artist. Mainly for the fact that most of them take on more than 1 project a time, causing huge delays on the project.

Might as well just learn how to icon yourself. You spend less time on that than finding a steady artist. Only exception to this rule is if pay is involved. Otherwise you will be getting little to no icons.

Though if your really desperate about finding an icon artist and dont want to learn yourself, check around some sprite forums. Alot of them do it as a hobby. Just ask around that your looking for a mob artist and you might get lucky.
Get the game to a playable state so they will see where their icons will be going. Playing a game can be a great motivator to working on it.
Then to be honest, you most likely will never find a decent icon artist. Mainly for the fact that most of them take on more than 1 project a time, causing huge delays on the project.

Here's the thing, I've know both these guys in RL for about ten years, and they haven't taken on any other projects. they're just lazy.

Might as well just learn how to icon yourself. You spend less time on that than finding a steady artist. Only exception to this rule is if pay is involved. Otherwise you will be getting little to no icons.

Yeah, I will, you've convinced me.
Get the game to a playable state so they will see where their icons will be going. Playing a game can be a great motivator to working on it.

Yeah, they've seen tons of it, they're just lazy and complacent.
Anyways, off to learn how to draw. ; )
Pay me money and Ill do it.
Pay me money and Ill do it.

This isn't a "recruiting team members" post.
.>

just sayin'
Plus, I'm not going to pay some one to work on my hobbie ;)
Are you thinking of WildRouge, It's just a guess...

If you know them in RL just talk to them face to face about your frustrations.
If you know them in RL just talk to them face to face about your frustrations.

Him :"Dude, I can't get on the computer"

Me :"You're making blog posts as we speak"

Him: ".. I'll do them later."
Nice to heard WorldWeaver. Tile looks pretty good for your first crack at it. If you need any help on learning, let me know.
Page: 1 2