ID:2003850

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
I am having issues with my BYOND launcher in that it won't let me join anything since the update. Every time I try to click "Join" on something, the entire things freezes up and says "Not responding". Upon my entry into Task Manager there are three Dreamseeker functions running, two of which are unable to be shut down. I tried to relog into BYOND, I tried restarting my computer, I tried resetting the BYOND cache and that didn't do anything either. I then uninstalled/reinstalled the entire program and all of its files and that still didn't fix the issue. My antivirus lets it through because it worked in the past but ever since the update it has just not been working at all and it has been really annoying. Does anybody else have any ideas what I could do at all or what could be wrong besides my antivirus? Thanks!

~Karkat~
Best response
It is your antivirus. Even if it looks like it's configured correctly, it's not. If you can share what you've tried to change that, it might help. I also recommend looking at how others solved the issue.
my byond just recently started doing this as well but my antivirus hasnt updated since 2-3 days ago and i just now tried updating byond to fix this issue since the last time i tried updating it crashed my pc
Pizza, your issue is unrelated. It's happening to other people; just check out those threads for more info.