ID:267663

Well, I know I probably should have a searched a bit more than I did, but nothing seemed to really be tailored to this, so here goes. Everything works great and all, it uploads the song to the other computer, but it doesn't seem to play the sound when I tested it!
var/list/adds = list("byond://BYOND.world.354747153")
mob
verb
play(s as sound)
world.Export("[adds]?[s]")
Dragon of Ice wrote:
Well, I know I probably should have a searched a bit more than I did, but nothing seemed to really be tailored to this, so here goes. Everything works great and all, it uploads the song to the other computer, but it doesn't seem to play the sound when I tested it!
> var/list/adds = list("byond://BYOND.world.354747153")
> mob
> verb
> play(s as sound)
> world.Export("[adds]?[s]")
>

You have to use world.Import in the other world to get the file. Change world.Topic in the world that is getting the file by putting var/S=world.Import() then playing S as a sound.
In response to Loduwijk
Thanks, but it still doesn't seem to work...here's what I have on the outgoing end...
var/list/adds = list("byond://BYOND.world.237791201")
mob
verb
play(S as sound)
world.Export("[adds]?[S]")
and the recieving end has this:
world/Topic(S)
S = world.Import()
world << sound(S,0,1)

Again, it seems like it should work, but it does absolutely nothing!
In response to Dragon of Ice
Check the address of your importing world and make sure you have it correct. That's all I can say.
In response to Dragon of Ice
12 hours is not an acceptable time for a bump. Saying "sorry!" doesn't make it okay. Please wait at least a day to bump your posts, and only if they're off the main page. Thank you.

Lummox JR