ID:268378

This is weird.. in DWQ sometimes when it boots up and you go around and do stuff such as going in and out of towns, opening up the HUD, going into battle, etc, it says "the hero". I've no idea why it says this.. and was wondering if anyone could help.
This is just me but somtimes i have wierd things poping up out of no where...Wut i sudjest is in Dream Maker go to edit --advanced/find/replace or somthing like that and put in "the hero" and click all files,which will tell u where that is in your coding and look at where it is..And see if it is in the wrong place or somthing.
In response to Snowfox
Snowfox wrote:
This is just me but somtimes i have wierd things poping up out of no where...Wut i sudjest is in Dream Maker go to edit --advanced/find/replace or somthing like that and put in "the hero" and click all files,which will tell u where that is in your coding and look at where it is..And see if it is in the wrong place or somthing.

That dooesn't help..
If the mob's name is "hero" and you have something like:

world << "[src] enters the town."

It will say "The hero enters the town." because it atuomatically puts "the" before names starting with lowercase letters. If the code was:

world << "[src.name] enters the town."

Then it would say "hero enters the town.", I'm not sure if this is your problem but it sounds like it might be it.
In response to Flash_war
Its in the coding somewhere........find out where it says hero with a little prob..
In response to Snowfox
you could change your color pref so text sticks out really well and just look really quickly for it. Or maybe you could profile the world and see what procs are running and check those
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
you could change your color pref so text sticks out really well and just look really quickly for it. Or maybe you could profile the world and see what procs are running and check those

How do you do this? >.>;
In response to OneFishDown
Hm..trying.
In response to Flash_war
Ya.. how <.<'
....OH!!!I think i kno wut he is tlking about..go to your dream seeker and then pager while hosting your game then prefences then appearence and you'll see form there
In response to Flash_war
I have a question.. How the heck is this a newb problem? o_o

In my opinion, this is a major code problem, because it's annoying to everyone in the game..
In response to Flash_war
In my opinion, this is a major code problem, because it's annoying to everyone in the game..

Code problems is for problems which have source code provided. If you provide no source code all we can do is guess what your problem is. If you haven't isolated the problem down to a specific region of source code then you should do some more debugging to isolate the problem. Odds are your problem is related to either how you load characters from savefiles or how you connect them to clients. You're probably just failing to cover some special case.