In response to Kholint
There he goes with his "If you don't accept homosexuality, then you're utterly afraid of it!" tactic again. Ignore it.

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
I don't see how you could believe in something that defies the laws of physics...
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
There he goes with his "If you don't accept homosexuality, then you're utterly afraid of it!" tactic again. Ignore it.

~Kujila

There he goes with his "Lets say the other person is wrong and we're right because our religion says so" tactic again.
Ignore it.
In response to Kholint
A religion is a set of beliefs, so therefore, I dub your homosexuality (if you are/were gay) and your atheism as your religion.

So, you can't rightfully say that, because you're just as guilty as anyone who defends their position.

~Kujila
In response to N1ghtW1ng
That's one of the factors that plays in when a mod decides to close a thread ;)

~Kujila
In response to Kholint
Wow.

No.

Are you sure you're straight? 0.o

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
A religion is a set of beliefs, so therefore, I dub your homosexuality (if you are/were gay) and your atheism as your religion.

So, you can't rightfully say that, because you're just as guilty as anyone who defends their position.

~Kujila

If I was gay, I wouldn't "believe" that I was gay.
I *would* be gay.

Plus, as an Atheist, I don't believe in anything- that's the whole definition of an Atheist.
In response to Kujila
I'd rather not ignore it and give him a reason why Christianity doesn't accept homosexuals. The church is not homophobic, the church feels that homosexuals are making the wrong decision. Like I said, I feel that being gay is a decision and the church does accept gays believe it or not. There are ex-gays and even ex-transexuals that attend my church and i say "ex-" because they are now straight and back to the way they should be. If people would give the church a chance they will notice what is good and what is bad or what is right and what is wrong.
In response to Kholint
I...don't. It was a joke.

~Kujila
In response to Nyck
"The Church" again.

You can't just stereotype all Churches like that, besides "The Church" generally refers to The large Catholic Church.

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
"The Church" again.

You can't just stereotype all Churches like that, besides "The Church" generally refers to The large Catholic Church.

~Kujila
So you disagree with me and say that churches are homophobic?
In response to Nyck
Nyck wrote:
I'd rather not ignore it and give him a reason why Christianity doesn't accept homosexuals. The church is not homophobic, the church feels that homosexuals are making the wrong decision. Like I said, I feel that being gay is a decision and the church does accept gays believe it or not. There are ex-gays and even ex-transexuals that attend my church and i say "ex-" because they are now straight and back to the way they should be. If people would give the church a chance they will notice what is good and what is bad or what is right and what is wrong.

It's that whole "should be" thing that is why arguing with Christians is futile.
You don't *know* you are right, you belief that you are right, and could never be wrong, that your beliefs are objective.

Annoyingly, I'm going with my school's "Philosopher's circle" on tuesday to have yet ANOTHER argument about religion with our "rival" Christian version of our group.

Such is life.

I'm going to have to leave you now, I need to do coursework.
It's been fun!
(it's also interesting to see, Nyck, a Christian taking a slightly different point of veiw from the other Christians in the the argument, and willing to correct/argue with them. I respect you for this!
I also respect Kujila, and N1ghtwing...you get my general gist.

See ya!
In response to Kholint
You *have* to believe something. Atheism contradicts itself. Do believe/assume the Earth is round? Well you should because it is. There you go, that's a start for your set of beliefs.

...and if you *were* gay, then you would psychologically believe that homosexuality was justified, so you would indeed *believe* that homosexuality is correct, and that would add on to your belief system.

If you didn't have any beliefs, then you would not be defending them so fervorsly here on the forums.

~Kujila
In response to Nyck
Yes. Homophobic can either mean, A) a person with a fear of homosexuality/homosexuals, or B) A term coined by the homosexual movement to describe anyone who finds homosexuality as wrong.

So, if you're going by definition B, then you would be correct, but I refuse to accept that definition as it was originally coined to cause confusion. "Oh, I'm scared of gayness, I shouldn't be - I should just accept it"

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
You *have* to believe something. Atheism contradicts itself. Do believe/assume the Earth is round? Well you should because it is. There you go, that's a start for your set of beliefs.

...and if you *were* gay, then you would psychologically believe that homosexuality was justified, so you would indeed *believe* that homosexuality is correct, and that would add on to your belief system.

If you didn't have any beliefs, then you would not be defending them so fervorsly here on the forums.

~Kujila

Atheism contradicts itself?
Bad move.
Christianity is the most contradictory religion on the planet.
Even your God is a paradox! (the old omnipotent, make a rock that He can't lift, etc.)

Anyway:
I know the world is round. It's called the laws of physics, which your God seems to defy. You seem to accept science only when it is most useful to you, you blank it when it is not.
It doesn't matter whether I'm gay or not- I know that homosexuality is correct.
In response to N1ghtW1ng
N1ghtW1ng wrote:
It makes me laugh this thread is more than a page long, and only like 5 different people are posting >.>

And that's why it's being closed. All of you have done a good job of keeping away from personal insults and other violations of the community standards. So thanks. :) And a thread wouldn't be closed merely for being as long as this one. But it's clearly being used as a near-realtime chat among just a few people. I hear that BYOND is pretty good at that itself...

Chatters is being hosted, albeit not attached to the normal hub entry. In the immortal words of Lesbian Assassin, please take it to Chatters. :)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7