ID:276626

Well, here in Texas we have quite a few made up words. Now, me myself, being totally not hick(punk/goth/pretty) still findmyself sometimes the accent jumping out randomly.

Anyway

Sunuva
Yall
Get -r- Done
Retard(Should be retired.)
Sed(Said)

Anyway I just hear those alot.
Get-r-done is not a Texas thing, it is just saying made popular by a man pretending to be a redneck. The unwashed masses started saying it only because they saw it on TV. It is not funny, stop saying it, please. I hear it a lot around here, for no reason at all. It is nothing but a filler word when somebody can't think of something to say, almost as much as "ummm" these days. I live in the south, we say a lot of slack words, but who cares, I heard some guy in Phillie(on a TV show actually) say salad, rather than solid, which is what he was trying to say, the TV host was having a hard time understanding him. It was quite amusing. Doesn't matter where you live, your English is not pure, even the limy Britts have been known to make up words!
The only thing I can think of me doing is saying "crick" instead of "creek". >_>
In response to Scoobert
In the midwest we have very little of a change from the dictionary. Some of us may not know howto spell, but our talking is very understandable from anyones point of view. Very correct that Get-R-Done is for retards by the way, hes not a redneck because hes got enough money to make all the rednecks in the world jump off a bridge.
We have some pretty much school-specific vocabulary...
"Slammer" is a synonym for "Chav", as chavs tend to slam the football. Wait, this is getting complicated. =p

When I say 'football', I mean football.
When I say 'chav', I mean .

Speaking of more general English slang/vocabulary...we (or at least, I) refer to Americans as Yanks...

I can't think of any more right now.
Sniper Joe wrote:
Sunuva
Yall
Get -r- Done
Retard(Should be retired.)
Sed(Said)

Nobody else finds it funny that none of these are made up words?
Do you know that farm guy who wears the farm hat with overalls, and nothing underneath? He plays small parts in the movies Waterboy and Joe Dirt. Well, if you do know him, then you must remember the way he speaks. Well, in the movie, that voice/accent/the whole way he talks in the movies he is in is supposed to be used as a joke and the creators expect you to laugh at that, but did you know that that is the way they speak in some parts of New Orleans. And I mean exactly like that. I know, it is hard to understand, but that is the way they really speak, and yes, it is English. I forget what it is called, if anyone can remember feel free to reply with the answer.