ID:2894180

Not a bug
BYOND Version:514
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 117.0.0.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I press Ctrl+Shift+S nothing appears to happen. The asterisks on the modified files remain, the changes aren't saved and the 'unsaved changes' prompt still appears when closing Dream Maker. Reopening the project after selecting No on those prompts, or opening them in another editor without closing Dream Maker, confirms that no changes have been saved.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Edit a code file.
2) Press Ctrl+Shift+S.
3) The asterisk on the edited file does not change.
4) Open the file in another text editor to see that none of the changes have been saved.

Does the problem occur:
Every time. I've tested with edits to .dm, .dme, .dmm and .dmi. .dm is just the best example because it's so easy to confirm the result independently of Dream Maker.
Until recently I was having OneDrive issues. I believe this was happening before I made the registry changes to resolve that.

Workarounds:
Manually selecting Save All from the File menu still works.
Check if the problem still exists in the beta.
Safe to close this. It's definitely a local issue.

Since it was only happening to one specific key combo, and the function itself was working correctly, I figured I'd try it in Notepad and Visual Studio. The same issue seems to occur anywhere using that key combo on this PC.

When I get to the bottom of it if it ends up being a clash with something common I'll update this thread, but for now it's safe to assume this is a case of me doing something weird and forgetting to undo it.
I had the chance to look into this today. On the off chance someone finds this in a search result, the culprit in my case was AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition (v23.5.2, but I doubt that matters). It's hotkey system seems to eat the keyboard events when the combos are pressed, instead of leaving them for others to pick up.

Fix is easy enough, just open the Adrenalin up, go to the Settings cog, then go to Hotkeys and set them to disabled.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)