ID:2915679

Hello!! I've been using byond for the past 3 years without any problem, however today I updated it to the latest version, and after that, I couldn't open byond anymore.

I uninstalled it deleted all documents related to byond, and installed it again and it opened!!, however, I can't play anymore, it allows me to enter the program but I can't join any server of SS13 or play any game or install any game at all...

The same message appears in every case.

The first message says ¨byond followed by the place where I installed follow it by - pager) the next message says: error ¨Could not run dreamseeker.exe (error 00000002). Perhaps you should reinstall Byond?¨

Maybe I'm missing something important?
The update should've installed the new Visual C++ runtimes required, but in case it didn't, you'll find a link to the runtimes on the Downloads page.
In response to Lummox JR
Somehow it worked without problem when reinstalling it, however now it is the same problem, I already tried the new Visual C++, however is still the same, what else could I try? thanks for the response tho, I was worried nobody would pick up heh.
In response to Zumo119
Alrigh I figured it out, its some antivirus stuff, avast antivirus gives problems, hopefully this info will help people in the future heh.
Yeah I'll always recommend folks uninstall Antivirus software and just use Windows Defender.

You can do the occasional Malware Bytes scan but other than that, Windows Defender will protect you from everything but yourself.