ID:70356

Maybe I have gotten really bad at using BYOND just recently, or BYOND has gone totally crazy in the past few updates.

Anyway, I am making a random map generator, and it works fine.
Except for one major problem. I am being lazy and trying to fill the map with lots of small areas (the map is 1000x1000, you try and manually fill it with lots of small 50x50 areas, it takes hours).
And this is where ALL the problems begin. The code works... Sometimes.
Sometimes it randomly causes an error message, BYOND BUG: BAD TURF, and stops working.
Sometimes it causes an even crazier bug where a huge block of the map is filled with a seemingly random turf. This turf seems to be executing a proc it should not have, or something is, and it is running it A HELL OF A LOT OF TIMES.
The proc is an AI proc, only mob/enemies have this proc, and none of them exist in the game, but the profiler says something is executing it, and with each refresh (about a second or so), it is increasing by 7000-10000 executions each time.

Sometimes this does not happen and everything works perfectly fine, and it definately does not happen if I try to create areas while the game is running.

I'm not even sure if this is a bug, and if it is, I am not even sure exactly what is causing it, but something is. It is just totally random and causing BYOND to pretty much break.

Anyone got any ideas on what this might be and what might be causing it, before I even attempt to make a bug report of it?
SPARTAAAaaaaaa!!!