ID:70982

Keywords: frank
I decided my logo should change to something more inspiring, and since Donnie Darko is one of the greatest movies ever I figured a Frank costume would be appropriate to test my character model.

Viola!

Well that's it for random drawings. Today I have DBZ on my DVD, Marathon Mode. Mixed with some coffee and free time I'm going to finish drawing this damn base icon!

<3 Ken.
That was a awesome movie.
Hooray, Frank!

Edit: This better be in the game. It would be a waste not to include it.
LOL same here with the dbz dvds! Haha its great for reference.

Cant wait til monday, picking up season 9.
I just may include it in the game somewhere, since Frank was technically Donnie's quest giver, there's no reason he couldn't play some minor role in the game too :)
FIRST
Tac wrote:
FIRST

Fifth?
Donnie Darko is in the same boat as Boondock Saints in my opinion. People only like it because it's a cult movie, even if it isn't so great. I guess it's one of those things where you hate the fan base more than the movie though.

There's also sequel, S. Darko, which cashes in on the idea and cheapens the original just a bit more.
The Naked Ninja wrote:
Tac wrote:
FIRST

Fifth?

lol
SuperAntx wrote:
Donnie Darko is in the same boat as Boondock Saints in my opinion. People only like it because it's a cult movie, even if it isn't so great. I guess it's one of those things where you hate the fan base more than the movie though.

There's also sequel, S. Darko, which cashes in on the idea and cheapens the original just a bit more.

In all fairness I like it because it's a great movie, actually the same could be said about Boondock Saints. It's only considered a cult movie because it's popular, and only really called so by people who don't understand a good movie.

I don't have the tolerance to sit down to a movie I don't like, and I surely don't like movies because other people do... I may give them a chance due to their popularity, but that isn't enough to swoon me.

Never knew there was a sequel to the movie though, guess I never thought there could be one.
The Naked Ninja wrote:
...actually the same could be said about Boondock Saints. It's only considered a cult movie because it's popular, and only really called so by people who don't understand a good movie.

What I understand is you have two people stumble around from scene to scene spouting Catholic gibberish while performing low budget action sequences loosely based around on the pretense they're somehow vigilantes doing God's work. Top it off with LOL I SHOT A CAT!! and a fan base of people who don't understand good movies and you have yourself the cult classic, Boodock Saints.

Donnie Darko by comparison is a much better movie, so I take back what I said about them being in the same boat. I still hate the fanbase though.
It's all about entertainment, not budget. Boondock Saints had a good story, given it wasn't the best movie ever made, but it was still a good movie. It had replay value IMO.

The fan base may or may not understand good movies, but they understand at least one... I really can't vouch for other people because I don't rally with others hyping up a 10 year old movie, I just enjoy watching it. Hate the fan base all you want however, IMO people with your opinions fall under the whole "non conformist" ideals. You simply hate things because many other people enjoy them, either that or you simply don't understand them and blame it on the movie itself.

Obviously you didn't understand Boondock Saints at all however, because they weren't just running around spouting catholic gibberish, it was a prayer that their motives revolved around (Irony makes a good plot device). Sure the action sequences weren't as graphic as today's "action movie buffs" declare necessary. But it wasn't exactly unrealistic, if they went around blowing random things up for the amusement of small attention spans, it wouldn't be the same.
...because you totally understand what a "good" movie is.
The Naked Ninja wrote:
Hate the fan base all you want however, IMO people with your opinions fall under the whole "non conformist" ideals. You simply hate things because many other people enjoy them, either that or you simply don't understand them and blame it on the movie itself.

No, that's not the reason at all. It's because these kinds of stooges dumb down whole genres.

The Catholic prayers were all style with little substance, partly to do with the actors sounding like they memorized the lines not 5 minutes before shooting. They were only in because Troy Duffy, a man who has no business making movies, thought they seemed cool when he wrote the script. The whole movie is based on a deus ex machina moment where they're told by God to go shoot a bunch of people. The prayers were an afterthought.

Unfortunately there's a sequel being made, hopefully it wont be as bad as its predecessor.