ID:711563

(See the best response by Higoten.)
I woke up this morning (8 am,saturday the 27th) and i wanted to play some Byond games,but when i started up the pager,it said "Logged in as Enortos [Offline]" instead of the usual "Logged in as Enortos [Public].It worked find just yesterday.
Best response
Hi Enortos,

If your still having this issue,

Have you recently updated, installed, or renewed any firewall, antivirus program, BYOND,or any program in general?

If so, You should check your firewalls and antivirus programs. Sometimes firewalls will block a program from connecting to the internet if it discovers that it has updated. The program name you will want to look for is BYOND.exe, but you should also make sure that Dreamseeker.exe, and Dreamdaemon.exe are not being blocked.

If you installed any new programs on your computer recently, check to make sure they didn't come bundled with a terrible, overprotective firewall (Usually in the form of a trial version, which when expired, seeming blocks everything.)

If your sure that BYOND isn't being blocked by any firewalls, run a tracert on hub.byond.com ( Start > Run > cmd > OK > tracert hub.byond.com ) and paste the results.

Good luck!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this response or any response you receive help you to solve your issue, please be sure to click the vote button Photobucket of the "most helpful response". This not only shows the volunteers that you appreciate their time, but helps other members who may be experiencing the same problem find a solution.
Hi,thanks for your answer.

But it doesn't seem to be a firewall,as i am able to see it say Public sometimes,but not at all times,today it did it too,but after removing my internet cable for about 3 times,it worked. so i guess it fixes itself.

Thanks again.
Hi,today,the problem came back,i tried download version 494.1133,but it didn't work.It didn't even fix itself like it used to. I'm sure it isn't a fire wall,as i have it off.I ran a tracert and it seems that it can connect to it just fine.
Hi,

I have the exact same Problem. I can't join any games on my Account Daker. It says "Logged in as Daker (offline). When I log in as a guest it still says "Logged in as Guest (offline) but i am able to join games.
I created a second account for testing purposses and I can't even log in to that with the message "Byond hub: connection failed"

I didn'T update or change anything and it doesn'T work even if my firewall is shut down completely.

When I try to tracert hub.byond.com it says the following:
"couldn't connect to hub.byond.com"

I also tried re-installing it (even with the new beta version) and it did nothing
when you do: ping byond.com and ping hub.byond.com, what is output?
I have the same problem. Byond's worked fine for me since I installed it and now it says I'm logged in as Krakistophales [offline] and fails to connect to any game. What gives?
Try the tracert and ping tests mentioned above. If you can play games as guest but not as your key, it may be having problems connecting to our hub. We can try to figure out what's going on once we know what your results are.
How do I try the tracert and ping tests?

It's not logging me in as guest, but as my own name, offline.