ID:716350

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Hello,

I have port forwarded my router to the ports i need to host but it still wont let me host and comes up with port 3111 cannot be reached by other players, although i have port forwarded it 3111-3111 and using both UDP and TCP.
i really don't know anything else i can do right now all the help will be appreciated thanks in advance.
Best response
It would help to know which operating system and router you're using.

If the router is forwarded to the right computer (you should check your local IP address to make sure this is correct), then a firewall must be to blame.

In your router settings, you won't need UDP forwarded; just stick with TCP and you'll be fine once the rest of this is resolved. BYOND doesn't use UDP.
Hey,

I have port forwarded and it worked out. When i attempt to host it says that my port can be reached by players. But when they connect they do not enter the game, they stay on the byond loading the game screen. It even happens to me...
I would like to know how to fix this
Thank you
Two problems, Kidko: This could be a separate problem needing a separate thread, and you haven't provided the info I also asked Deeno for. When you don't provide information the chances of getting help are slim.
Ok, Well I Have Verizion Fios. When I Went to Port Forward I picked my router. The MI424WR router, I Went on port forwarded and set up everything with the Byond Dream Seeker. I went to The Router's Set up and "set up" the port i wanted to use, two ports actually. When i opened Dream Seeker and Hosted a Game ( Shinobi Story Online Rip ) it says my port could be reahed by Player.
( Continuation Of the first Post i Made )
The port i used is 64328. While in my router set up i Picked Both TCP And UDP
I have trouble portforwarding as well, I am using the Actiontec MI424-WR Rev.C router, and I have the same settings at the MI424-WR Rev.E router so I just use that for port forwarding. I succesfully port forwarded and have a static IP but I still can't connect. My firewall is even allowing the specific port...so i'm at a loss and want to know how I could host at this point.
I have a game and my port is opened what now. how to host

http://www.byond.com/games/BladerDX/BleachSoulFighters