ID:725791

Keywords: fast, help, plz, thanks
So, im hosting a game and everytime i turn the server on some dumb's nuke my internet.
How do i prevent this situations?
Can you be more specific about what is happening when you turn on the server? Does it lock up, does it crash? Can you use the internet for, say, browsing, but the server is unresponsive?
Incase this is an DDoS / DoS attack:
You cannot prevent it, though you can contact your own ISP (Internet service provider) and tell them your problem, then they will attempt to trace down the attackers IP, and report it to their ISP. (This mostly works when someone DoS attacks, not DDoS attacks.)

DoS: Denial of Service: Basically a single person / server that attempts to overflow an other person/server by sending huge packages.

DDoS: Distributed Denial of Service: The same, just with more attackers.

#Edit: Some peoples, I wonder why, doesn't know that DoS/DDoS is illegal. So let make say it loud: DoS and DDoS IS illegal.
it means i can't turn on my server right? afz isnt there any fake ip program or something?
In response to Wdragon_13
If someone really is trying to nuke your internet, and you REALLY want to host, then I suggest the best way (While avoiding the ISP troubles) would be to simply. . . Change ports.
Im using port 3080, but if i change and if i host the game again, they will know the new port im using...
You don't say?

Well, the problem is that you can always find out if someone got an open port, you only need to know their IP.

There isn't much you can do about it, but to report it to your ISP / Their ISP.
it means i can't turn on my server right?
That depends what happens when you do. Again; what happens? Does DreamDaemon freeze, does DreamSeeker freeze, do you get your entire network frozen due to traffic? Does the server shut down?
Be specific.

afz isnt there any fake ip program or something?
Not that will help you, no.

Also, what are you trying to host, and why do you think you're being attacked as opposed to it being a game-related problem or a network fault?
At the first nuke, my server lagged
At the second nuke, my internet shutdown :/
Possibilities I can think of:
DDoS and DoS.
Your router is failing.
Your ISP is updating and having term issues.
Your ISP is just plainly failing.
Its not my ISP or my Router because the owner of the server that im hosting said its someone that he challenged LOLOL...
Are you sure that it's not intermittent network problems of your own?
I'm pretty sure a DoS attack ( it won't be a DDoS attack. Someone with a botnet and a bunch of bandwidth to burn isn't going to waste it on a BYOND game ) wouldn't cause completely different effects. Lag your server, yes. Lag it to the point it freezes, yes.
Completely take down your entire network and force it to shut down? Er. Not really, no.

Also, there are attacks other than just (Distributed) Denial of Service attacks, MasterSpectra, and of all the things that happen to people on BYOND, I think Dos/DDoS attacks are the most over-reported and misunderstood of them all.
But they do it. Just enter in a Naruto Game called Naruto Ninja Ero Sennin u will see...
Someone spend all day trying to shut that server down...