ID:733442

I downloaded BYOND v493.1117.
After opening it, I clicked on find games & picked a game from the list from the website.

When I click on "play now" on the game page, nothing happens.

My Google chrome console shows this:

event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.
byond://BYOND.world.1666664065##webid=2c8bd81716a5029f934233 ca35209e8146ad3e4b622e0eaaFailed to load resource
274event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.

I use the latest version of chrome on windows XP.
I also have latest Java installed on my browser.
Hi Genesis_pig,

While I also seem to get the same error messages in Google's console log, BYOND links seem to launch regardless in my case.

This problem typically occurs when the byond:// protocol isn't associated with the BYOND.exe program, which could happen if you have insufficient access to the registry or unzip BYOND directly to your computer without running the installer.

Try downloading the beta version of BYOND [494.1133] and ensure that you install it as an administrator.

If that doesn't help, try using Internet Explorer to launcher a game and see if that has the same results.

Alternatively, as a work around, you can right click the "Play now" link > Copy Link Location > Open the BYOND pager > File > Open Location > Paste > OK. You should then be forwarded to the server.

Good luck!
Thanks, I used the option of copying link location.

Thanks a lot.
I have this problem as well but if i press the open link in new tab option it works but i was wondering if ntheres a way to fix it yet?