ID:756504

Okay, I have heard tons of debates between the two Naruto Series: Ultimate Ninja Storm and Clash of Ninja Revolution Series, so I have decided to break the game down into specific categories and depicting which one wins in which category to find the solution to this Ninja War! (Series 1: Naruto Storm 1 (PS3) VS GNT 4 (Gamecube). Series 2: Naruto Storm 2 (PS3/360) VS Revolution 3 (Wii). Series 3: Naruto Storm Generations (PS3/360) VS GNT Special (Wii) are my comparisons.)

Story Mode: Storm Series
Definitely have to give this to the Ultimate Ninja Storm series. Here's my Logic:
Storm 1 - Explore Konoha and do Missions throughout the series whole VS GNT 4 - Do regular battles starting at the Sound 4 arc.
Storm 2 - Explore the Ninja World like an RPG going through the story ending at Sasuke & Killer Bee VS Revolution 3 - Regular Battles ending at Saving Gaara Epilogue.
Storm Generations - View cutscenes and battle opponents throughout different perspectives VS GNT Special - Arcade-like map with battles.

Movement: Storm Series
The Storm Series wins yet again. I would rather move throughout a 3D map rather than move as if I'm in a platformer. 'Nuff said.

Combos: Clash of Ninja Series
The Clash of Ninja series wins here. The storm series may provide a simple to use combo system, Clash of Ninja beats it with one that contains a bunch of combos to be executed and string together more combos!

Specials/Ultimates: Storm Series
Clash of Ninja better throw in the towel at this category, because the Storm series provides more than just 2 jutsus, but a regular jutsu, enhanced jutsu, Ultimate Jutsu, Chakra Dash, Backward Chakra Dash, and Chakra shuriken!

Defense/Substitution: Clash of Ninja Series
Looks like Clash of Ninja wins again. The clash of ninja series has different defense values that can change throughout the gameplay depending on player stats while the Storm series keeps it all default. For substitutions, the Clash of ninja series wins again. They draw at the first two, but Storm Generations doesn't seem to use logic with their Substitution Guage.
Storm Generations - Four can be used, however wasting such ones will not make it recover for at least 1/4 of the fight. It almost always recovers on the hit that kills you in it.
GNT Special - One can be used. If you get hit, it recovers. Just that simple!

3D Models/Sprites: Draw
Ever since the beginning of the Storm series, there have been HD graphics implemented. Such graphics would make the wii cry in it's bed to sleep! So the Storm series not only has smoother graphics, but it has HD graphics as well! The sprites of the Storm series tend to be much better, however when it comes to HP bars, I would rather see the Clash of Ninja series one, because their HP bars change drastically on every new implementation, while the storm series keeps the same format on a slightly different look!

Environments: Storm Series
Again, the storm series wins. Both games have environments ranging on sizes huge or small, but the Revolution series has the most bizzare sizes for stages (Examples would be Shirato Street and Hidden Leaf Riverside) while the Storm series keeps it balanced, but not too similar! Also the Storm series has more-realistic HD environments that would blow the Wii away!

BGM Tracks: Draw
While the Storm series may have better fight music, the Clash of Ninja Series has better themes for the story mode. (And Storm2/Storm1 don't even have separate story themes!)

Sound Effects: Storm Series
Even though the Revolution series has most of the general sounds, the Storm series includes general SFX as well as sound effects that tend to sound more naruto-ish. The storm series wins, however it hasn't won by much on this category.

Mode Selections: Clash of Ninja Series
Give the programmers of Clash of Ninja a klondike bar! Their mode selections definitely outweigh the Storm series:
Storm Series - Story Mode, VS Mode Teams, VS Mode Single, Practice, Tournament Mode, Survival Mode, Wifi Mode, Options Mode, and Collections/Shop mode and CPU-VS Mode.
Clash of Ninja Series - Story Mode, VS Mode Teams, VS Mode Single, VS Mode 3-Player or 4-Player, Survival Mode, Time Attack Mode, Score Mode, Kumite Mode, Wifi Mode, Options Mode, Extras Mode, as well as watching the AI duke it out on CPU-VS Mode!

Players: Clash of Ninja Series
Let's do a little math here. In the Clash of Ninja Series you can have up to 4 players, yet in the Storm series you can only have 1-2 players. We can all see who won this one.

Controls: Storm Series
Let's face it, the Clash of Ninja series may have 4 different controller types, but however you put it, it isn't always the most comfortable. The wii-mote has too little buttons where you have to combine them (And the wii doesn't take too kindly to button-combos), the Nunchuk Style is like you're exercising and wears you out too quickly, the Classic Controller seems like a PS2 controller, but the shoulder buttons are not placed in there logically and clashes with the control settings. Also the Gamecube controller has buttons that take more effort to press than the PS3/360 controllers. Also, the Clash of Ninja series never implemented an option to change what button does what. The Storm Series has a more comfortable gameplay style while letting you change up your buttons if needed!

AI Difficulty: Clash of Ninja Series
While the Storm Series may have some challenging (and recently spammy) AI, the Clash of Ninja series has a much harder AI to beat and it doesn't spam!

Physics: Draw
Both games seem to have practically the same physics such as gravity or movement speed, but the jumping on Clash of Ninja tends to -seem- higher than the Storm series, it's really the same distance.

Wi-Fi Mode: Clash of Ninja Series
The Storm series has the worst match-making I have ever seen. If a server has been filled, why do you have to spend those extra 3 minutes searching for more players when you can just select another server? Infact, their "QuickMatch" does the same thing. The Clash of Ninja Series provides match-making similar to QuickMatch on Storm Generations, however if a server has been filled, it just moves on and finds one that's empty! Since Storm Generations, spam on Wifi has gone up, so this outweighs how many people spam on the Clash of Ninja series!

Character Selection: Storm Series
I prefer to have 70+ characters in Storm Generations than the 41 in GNT Special. Not much else to say here.

Stage Selection: Draw
Stage Selection seems to be at a minimum in both games.

Character Balancing: Storm Series
The Clash of Ninja Series overpowers a few individual characters. This is due to the lack of modifying characters already implemented and/or modifying new characters to be nerfed. Characters like Sasuke and Naruto can kick the crap out of characters like Kabuto. Also, in Revolution 3, that damn story mode battle with Kyuubi Naruto VS Deidara. I will never forget the frustration in that fight where Deidara is OP to the max and you have to win with a Special Attack (Meaning regular, not even the air or down specials!) in a time limit! In the Storm series, they balance out all new characters so the others aren't left out! This allows the Sakura fans (All 3 of them) to use past sakura and win against Sage Naruto or Young Kakashi!

How long the Gameplay Lasts: Storm Series
The Clash of ninja series has matches that (at a minimum) take half a minute, because it's all unbalanced and allows for someone to endlessly attack you until you lose. In the Storm series, all matches take a minimum of 2 minutes each with higher HP values and balanced characters!

How long the game keeps you busy: Storm Series
I feel as though the Storm series kept me busy longer, because overall the Story mode on it is longer than the clash of ninja series, the character select is bigger, the Wifi Play is competitive on ranked, but non-competitive on player matches, and a few other aspects. Now the Clash of Ninja series kept me busy, just not as long. The biggest factor into this is the Wifi Mode, because people are competitive, even on non-ranked matches. Wait, where's the logic in that? Oh wait, it's wii logic, so it must make sense.

Overall:

In total there are 20 categories, so my proportioning is based on that.

Category Ratings:
Storm Series: 10/20
Clash of Ninja Series: 6/20
Draw: 4/20

So now, regardless of numbers, we are going to put these in ratings of 10 and a percentage!

Official Ratings:
Storm Series - 5/10 50%
Clash of Ninja Series: 3/10 30%
Draw: 2/10 20%

And the winner is........................ The storm series!

Now for my opinion of what would be good for the games AKA the "ideal naruto game" in my opinion: A naruto game that has movement such as UNStorm, Attack combos like CONRevolution, AI and Wifi Matchmaking like CONRevoltuion, Story Modes like UNStorm, graphics in HD like UNStorm, HUDs and Substitution guages like CONRevolution, and a Mode select as large as CONRevolution!

If any of you disagree on any of these, please do not rage-comment like a fanboy/fangirl. Please keep your comments calm and non-offensive. Any rage comments about either series will be reported to the mods to be removed!

Think I missed a category of gameplay in this? Reply and I will change it to reflect that category!
I don't think the amount of modes matter so much as the content and addictive-ness of each.
In response to Albro1
The results of which one wins really isn't changed when you get rid of that. Besides, the amount of modes can keep you addicted if the gameplay is good enough. The Kumite Mode is what kept me going throughout the revolution series, however the Storm series is just better when it comes to gameplay IMO.
In response to Iobject
Iobject wrote:
The results of which one wins really isn't changed when you get rid of that.

Changing the results wasn't my intention.

In response to Albro1
Oh, it says if you have any corrections that you should post it and I would change it to reflect such corrections. I just thought you were referring to that.

My bad.